Apples new 24 inch LED monitor vs other moniters

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by exiag335, Jan 26, 2009.

1. exiag335 macrumors member

Hello

I am looking to buy a monitor for connecting to the new MBP.
    I would like to know if the new Apple 24 LED monitor are any good or if I would be better off getting a different brand?

I will be using it for graphic design and 2D/3D animation.
    I would prefer something under 500 dollars if possible.

If I will do video editing, can the same monitor also be used ?

Help please

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It sucks that you can't do a simple search and find the answer, but I'll help you all the same.

Apple's LED display is the lowest priced H-IPS LED panel around. That makes it a great buy for the price. You will not find anything comparable in that sense. You can find less expensive panels that do not power your new MBP and aren't H-IPS and aren't LED. That's up to you.

You can do video editing and graphic design on the same display. If you so choose.

If you want something under $500 then you are in no way considering the Apple LED. I would look for a Dell 24" at that point or even the BenQ they sell at Newegg.com for something like $300. Awesome monitor.

3. exiag335 thread starter macrumors member

So do you think it is better than Apple's 20 Acd monitor?
    How about the glossy screen, do you think that will affect anything?

4. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

I was disappointed when I noticed the lack of contrast due to reflections on the monitor surface.

http://www.apple.com/displays/features.html

My desk lamp doesn't cause any problems on my LCD screen, and it is daylight-usable, but these glossy screen covers don't seem to like reflections.

5. nikideforrest macrumors newbie

Then darken your room :p Anyway, I like when it is dark, effects in games are much better ;)