Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
i disagree that apple paid him. however, i agree that he is kinda too enthusiastic about apple. however, it never annoys or bothers me one bit when i see these kinds of people.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
I read that in the paper today. Glad to see it getting some good publicity. :cool:

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
I enjoy Mossberg's columns and he has every right to worship any products he chooses, but he does seem to be effusively praiseworthy with respect to most Apple offerings. The positive aspect is that it does makes him appear consistent, while the downside is that certain people will view him as a company cheerleader with a media outlet behind him, which can lower his credibility over time in the minds of some readers.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
He said the remote receiver is hidden behind the Apple logo.

Is this correct? - I thought the embedded iSight camera received the signal?

Sorry if I'm a bit out of date on this.

..RedTomato..

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
He use to be a big critic of Apple. Now he probably visits Macrumors. In the last year, he does seem to be a Apple cheerleader. I don't think he is paid by Apple, just a fan.

kwajaln

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2004
CHICAGO!
"The combination of the new, improved hardware, plus Front Row, makes the iMac G5 the best consumer desktop you can buy this holiday season, period. For mainstream consumers doing typical tasks -- Web surfing, email, office productivity, photos, music, home videos, etc. -- it's the finest desktop PC on the market, at any price."
That does sound as if this was written by Jobs himself, but I do believe Mossberg simply thinks quite highly of the new iMac, as he should.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Journalists aren't any more immune to getting bitten by the Mac bug than the rest of us. I think we've read so many negative Mac stories in the press over the years that when someone influential writes about Macs the way *we* write about Macs, we're immediately suspicious.

I predict that over the coming year we'll see more articles like this from mainstream tech journalists. Get used to it. :)

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
steelfist said:
i disagree that apple paid him. however, i agree that he is kinda too enthusiastic about apple. however, it never annoys or bothers me one bit when i see these kinds of people.

Aren't we all a little bit too enthusiastic about apple ?

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
At least he does point out some perceived shortcomings of the iMac. I didn't get the impression he was going over the top with the review, but I also don't have all of his past reviews of Apple and MS products to use as comparison.

I thought it was reasonably well-written article.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.