Apple's Own iPhone 6 Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cell-666, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Now we definitely know that the camera lens will be slightly protruding, I'm surprised we haven't seen any leaks for an Apple manufactured case to help protect the the lens ring itself from damage. OK the lens will be sapphire but I feel that the ring could be damaged from general use surely.

Anyone have any experience from the similar design on the iPod?

2. Newtons Apple, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014

Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

IF the lens ring protrudes and IF you do not use any type of case, there is no doubt the ring will show some wear after time.

3. MarcoCapa, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014

MarcoCapa macrumors regular

Some times ago on hdblog.it there was a photo of a flip cover for the iphone 6l ( air... The 5.5 variant) but it was removed....
    I think we will see something like the samsung one but made with leather.... Like iPad Air.... Probably with some cool features... Wireless charging? Additional battery?
    If I can find the photo I will post here
    EDIT: just found it

Attached Files:

4. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

What makes you so sure? :p

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

6. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Haha thought you were gonna see some leaked case too uh?

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

At least the back won't get scratched up. :confused:

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You got that right!:rolleyes:

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

The only thing we definitely know is that we definitely don't know anything really aside that Apple will be announcing something on September 9th.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Was planning on going naked for this model but with that protruding camera I think I'll have to toss a case on it.

11. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

I'll probably use a case for like the first month, then just to naked.
    My iPod touch has a protruding camera and it doesn't bother me. That iPod is naked as well.

I won't be using a case, doesn't matter if it's apple or whatever.

12. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

Not likely. I never use cases on my phone and get no wear on them. A protruding lens ring won't receive any more wear than the edges of my 5S (or the 5 before it, or the 4S before that, etc, etc). My current habits (iPhone occupies my front left pocket with nothing else, I never set it down on hard surfaces, I don't let go of it when I'm holding it, etc) will preserve the aesthetics of the lens ring.

If you treat them like the high precision, technical instruments that they are instead of tossing them around like legos you don't need a case to keep them looking pretty. I posted photos of my daily driver 5S a few days ago in another thread: the device was purchased on day one of release, has always been naked, and is pristine. My 6 will be just the same.

13. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

I hope a case is made by Apple.

I used to hate cases and never used one but I actually really liked the Apple ones. They fit perfectly and are nice.

14. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I don't think we saw last year's Apple branded leather cases leaked either did we? I don't remember.

15. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Yes but the leaks we saw of the iPhone 6 shows a much more protruding camera than the iPod Touch camera.

16. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

I think the packaging was leaked a couple of days before the event but not the actual case itself.

17. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I treat my stuff well but use a thin Sedio Surface case so I do not have to look around for a soft place to park my phone. You likely carry a cloth to lay your baby to sleep. It is a tool to me and I do not have the time you baby my device and yet after a year is is defect free!

You, a naked iPhone user, stays in denile as there is no way you do not have a scratch or nick by now. If you say it is perfect it is only because you refuse to see the damages. Enjoy!

18. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

Here's a post I put up a few days ago with pics of my 5S:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19509680#post19509680

Click on them. Zoom in as much as you want.

In my experience, people that use cases often end up with damage as well as grit gets in between the case and the phone and scratches it up. I get the best of all worlds, I get the thinness, the lightness, and the feel of the phone in my hand every time I use it, and it stays looking pristine instead of getting scratched up by grit.

19. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i don't think i will use a case with this model, but if apple comes out with a case like they did for the 5s i would consider it.

20. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm not too worried about this protruding ring and lens. Flush would have been nice, but I'm sure there's a reason why Apple designed it this way. I never use my iPhone on a flat hard surface, it's always in my hands.

21. itjw macrumors 65816

CAMERALENSRINGSCUFFGATE!!!!

Ack!

Maybe they used defective aluminum on the ring?

Or the anodising will be inverted instead of with the plutonium widgets!?!?

I don't know about you, but I can't sleep, I haven't eaten in days, and all I do is make drawings of the camera protruding and ways I can keep it safe. IT CAN'T BE DONE! Arrrggggh. Oh, the humanity!!!

22. iBanker macrumors regular

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

To each his own. Looks the same to me. Maybe a slight difference. But I certainly couldn't call it "much more".

24. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Until, one day, it drops. 5 feet. Onto a rock.

25. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Don't say that I still hope!!!!!