Apple's return policy regarding an opened iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bxbomb1983, Sep 25, 2012.

1. bxbomb1983 macrumors newbie

bxbomb1983

I have wanted to exchange my 16GB iPhone 5 since Friday because I need at least 32GB to fit all the music and apps that I have, Apple store was sold out of all 32GB when I got there. I have been calling the Apple Store in my area everyday and they still do not have the 32GB version in stock. I have been using my phone everyday but while waiting for my case to arrive in the mail I put a tiny nick on the bezel.

I know the Apple Store will take it back and swap it out for the 32GB if it is undamaged and within the return period, Will Apple still take it back with this tiny nick on the bezel????

2. auero macrumors 65816

She didn't even look at mine when I took it back. She just made sure it was in the box with what it came with. Took literally 2 minutes to return.

3. bxbomb1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

bxbomb1983

I hope that is not an issue, it is a very tiny nick. I really need a 32GB.

4. bmik33 macrumors member

What if I want to return mine for its home button. Way too inconsistent and doesn't work well. Can I still return mine for an exchange?

5. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Generally speaking, they wont take back a product unless it is like new. A small nick should be fine, but a large scratch or like a cracked screen would be a no-go. You should be fine

6. bxbomb1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

bxbomb1983

Thanks for the info, now my problem is going to be is getting a 32GB available before my return period expires.

7. imazu macrumors regular

Did you buy it at Apple Store?

8. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat but I have a 32gb and want 16....I just contacted apple.com and I am shipping it back

9. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Same here. Didn't even take the plastic off of the screens or anything. Granted it was in the same condition as I received, they didn't verify.

10. bxbomb1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

bxbomb1983

Yes I bought it at the Apple Store.