Apple's return policy regarding an opened iPhone 5

bxbomb1983

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Orlando, FL
I have wanted to exchange my 16GB iPhone 5 since Friday because I need at least 32GB to fit all the music and apps that I have, Apple store was sold out of all 32GB when I got there. I have been calling the Apple Store in my area everyday and they still do not have the 32GB version in stock. I have been using my phone everyday but while waiting for my case to arrive in the mail I put a tiny nick on the bezel.

I know the Apple Store will take it back and swap it out for the 32GB if it is undamaged and within the return period, Will Apple still take it back with this tiny nick on the bezel????

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
She didn't even look at mine when I took it back. She just made sure it was in the box with what it came with. Took literally 2 minutes to return.

bmik33

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
What if I want to return mine for its home button. Way too inconsistent and doesn't work well. Can I still return mine for an exchange?

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Generally speaking, they wont take back a product unless it is like new. A small nick should be fine, but a large scratch or like a cracked screen would be a no-go. You should be fine

bxbomb1983

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Orlando, FL
Generally speaking, they wont take back a product unless it is like new. A small nick should be fine, but a large scratch or like a cracked screen would be a no-go. You should be fine
Thanks for the info, now my problem is going to be is getting a 32GB available before my return period expires.

BuckeyeMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2012
I'm in the same boat but I have a 32gb and want 16....I just contacted apple.com and I am shipping it back

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
She didn't even look at mine when I took it back. She just made sure it was in the box with what it came with. Took literally 2 minutes to return.
Same here. Didn't even take the plastic off of the screens or anything. Granted it was in the same condition as I received, they didn't verify.