Apple's system of asking for a rating only when you uninstall an app is assinine!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wikoogle, Jun 20, 2009.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Apple's system of asking for rating when you first delete a product is dumb and assinine. Because of this, only the people who barely tried the product and deleted it after the first use bc it wasn't what they wanted, rate the products. There's no reason so many high quality polished games and apps should have a 2.5 star rating. They way too much polish for that!! Instead, apple should ask for a rating the 10th time you launch an application, instead of, or inaddition to when you delete it. I like most people rarely use the pc itunes to buy stuff. I browse and buy over my phone. This way, the apps get reviews from the people that actually used the apps.

In addition to this, what apple needs is a an actual ACCURATE rating system where all the high quality polished games get the ratings they deserve. A system that highlights all the quality polished games out there. Would make my purchasing a lot easier.

An apple online magazine that throughly reviews every single app that gets released or updated each week and gives it a rating to show up on the product page, on a 5 star system for polish, and for functionality would be ideal. The magazine could only highly any quality apps that are on sale that week.

As App developers, you guys have the power to get through to apple. Simply share this suggestion/feedback with them.

2. The General macrumors 601

Go to the app in the AppStore. Rate the app. Done.

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

You could have rated 30 apps in the time it took you to post this thread.

4. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

I do on the apps that I absolutely love. But it's a tiny tiny drop in the bucket. 1 review from a people that use the app and cares enough to navigate to the place to share their opinion, versus 1000s of reviews who just clicked on the number of stars when the prompt popped up while uninstalling the app.

And also, I like most people rarely use the pc itunes to buy stuff. I browse and buy directly over my phone.

5. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I like the idea of rating the app after a certain amount of launches. But I personally always hit the No Thanks button.

6. Radioman macrumors regular

7. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I always thought Apple weighed the ratings differently?