Apple's WWDC *has* shown an iPhone with 4 inch screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gladoscc, Jun 2, 2012.

1. gladoscc macrumors 6502

In the iPhone 4 / iOS 4 WWDC, while showing off folders there was a iPhone screenshot with a 4 inch screen - there were 5 normal rows of apps + 1 dock. Apple has being planning a 4 inch screen since 2010.. I'm shocked that nobody else has realized this in relation to iPhone 5.. I discovered it from an article/comment on gizmodo.

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Pic?

Yes, they have planned it for a while––remember the leaked PhotoStream icon?––but I think you're misremembering that.

3. gladoscc thread starter macrumors 6502

Definitely not misremembering that, the screenshot had a total of 6 rows. Other people were discussing it too. Quicktime isn't working for me, but if you look through the keynote and pay attention to when folders is being demoed you can see it.

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

I find it hard to believe that none of the 100+ tech bloggers at said event made a massive deal of it.

Looking forward to screenshots though.

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It's on Youtube. Watched the folders section, not there.

What you are saying doesn't even make sense--Steve is demoing it live on an iPhone 4.

7. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Yup, just checked it on Apple's site. It's not there. It's mostly Jobs demoing his phone.

8. Lightey macrumors regular

I think he's talking about when Steve opens the folder, there are "5 rows" of apps. :p

9. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Totally bogus. Sure there have been 4" IPhone prototypes in Jony Ives lab but nothing out in the wild.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This is quite possibly the silliest "proof of 4" iPhone" threads I have seen. Bravo! :cool: