Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
A while back I set up my USB dsl modem to dial as soon as the Mac turned on. I now have my ibook on the network and would like to have the powermac start up internet sharing each time it turned on. Is there simply and option for this? Or could somebody write me another script?

This is the script to turn my internet on (USB ADSL):

tell application "Internet Connect"
activate
connect
quit
end tell

Any ideas?

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
Come on guys, I need an answer, if you know please post.

**Bump**

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
i thought sharing was always on as long as you don't disconnect from the network.

Everytime I restart my mac, the internet sharing turns off.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
you should post this at the Apple discussion boards or MacScripter.net for a much faster response. i just tried a few things really quick but couldnt make it happen. perhaps you could do it with GUI scripting? sorry, im sure someone over at the Apple boards could do it really quick. good luck.

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by tjwett
you should post this at the Apple discussion boards or MacSscripter.net for a much faster response. i just tried a few things really quick but couldnt make it happen. perhaps you could do it with GUI scripting? sorry, im sure someone over at the Apple boards could do it really quick. good luck.

ok posted on apple discussions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.