appls i buy on ipad are transfered to my iphone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i bought couple of apps on my ipad 2 , synced it with itunes .. same itunes i use for my iphone 4 too , i noticed i got those apps on my iphone as well ! i didn't buy them on iphone and they got there just cause i had it in my itunes ! is this possible ? is this usual ?

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

That's the way it works. If the app has both the iPhone and iPad versions then it will load on both by default. If you don't want it to you can always change that selection in the app syncing tab in iTunes. :apple:

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

The reason this is happening is because of the settings you have in iTunes. Plug in your iPhone, go to the "apps" tab, uncheck the box that says "automatically sync new apps"

Voila!

4. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

no i am actually glad ... i wanted to buy the iphone version too ! this works for me

5. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Some apps are universal (have a '+' shown next to the price). These work on both, and so you only need to purchase it once. NewsRack is one. These will sync to the other device like the OP saw.

Others aren't, and so you would need to buy them twice to get them on both devices, or use the iPhone version on the iPad with the UI emulation mode. Beejive is this type.