Apps downloading itself

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatoneguy82, Jun 19, 2011.

1. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

The past several weeks, I've noticed that there have been quite a few apps that downloaded in the background and installed themselves without any input from me. Some of the apps are: Talking Ben, Talking Tom Cat 2, Pretty Pet Salon, Talking Gina the Giraffe, Zynga Poker, Hanging With Friends, Pinball Ride Free. I have an iPhone 4 that isn't jailbroken. Anyone know what's going on?

2. Kevlar macrumors 6502

Does someone else use the account on a computer or another device? If so with 4.3.3, you can set your device to autodownload apps that have been purchased/downloaded on other devices under a specific account. Look under the "Store" options in the setting app and see if you have it set to autodownload.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Did you turn on the new iCloud apps sync feature?

4. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Nope. No one else uses my account (at least to my knowledge). I just checked my account and all the downloads are showing up on my account history. Thankfully they are all free. And yes, I have apps set to auto download. I switched it off. Maybe this will fix it, but I'm still confused by all of this.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You should change your Apple ID password. If someone else has your account information, your iPhone may have been downloading their purchases.

6. skabadelic macrumors member

you set apps to auto-download and are confused by them auto-downloading. :confused:

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Auto-download is for updating apps, I believe the OP is saying that he never purchased these apps in the first place - they just started downloading themselves.

8. shandyman Suspended

aually autodownload is for automatically downloading apps onto devices that you purchased elsewhere, for example, i just got an app called fbTV on iTunes on my PC, the second i entered my apple ID password, it popped up on my iPad and iPhone downloading straight away. No need to manually do it on each device.

9. Foxykhat, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

Foxykhat macrumors member

OMG, the same thing is happening to me on my iPad. I've had Zynga Poker, Sumaria Steel, Banzai Blade, Monster Life, Racing Life and now Dungeon Hunter 3 just downloaded and installed all by itself. Which prompted me to do search to see if anyone else is experiencing this as well. The funds (redeemed itunes gift card) is still all there.

I'm puzzled and I wondered if by chance my hubby was using my account but he said no and he's not into game so that made it stranger.

Foxy

10. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

You folks probably want to change your passwords.

11. Foxykhat macrumors member

But if someone was using our accounts why only download free apps when clearly there is money on the account (at least for me)?

It only started happening about 2 weeks ago and it's the same apps as the OP.

I'm going to change my password. That's a no brainer but something else must be going on.

Foxy