Apps from multiple countries’ stores?

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by InfiniteLoopy, May 28, 2019.

1. InfiniteLoopy macrumors 6502

On the current ATV 4k, is it possible to have apps from multiple countries co-exist on the same home screen, or does the user have to sign-in/out each time (and enter the password)? What is the process for updating the apps from another country’s store?

2. priitv8 macrumors 68040

I dont think it is any different from iPhone.
    You can have multiple Appstore accounts and only to update them apps, you will need to sign in to different store.

3. InfiniteLoopy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Do you (or anyone else) actually do this in practice? Does it work well?

4. priitv8 macrumors 68040

I do on my iPhone. On my aTV I don't have that many apps.
    Store switching should actually work better on aTV as it remembers all your stored AppleID-s and allows you to switch just using remote, without re-entering a password.
    On iPhone, if an app from my secondary store needs update, it will just ask for a login to that store once. If I need to buy something from the secondary store, I need to log off and on to the other store in the Settings app.

5. -Gonzo- macrumors 6502

-Gonzo-

Yeah I’ve got both US and UK apps on my ATV4 and ATV4K, once the apps are downloaded you can open them while logged into any other region account without issue.
    Before the other half insisted on Sky I used to use a VPN to use the likes of WatchABC and The CW which worked well enough.
    These days the only US app I’m currently using is Movies Anywhere.

6. InfiniteLoopy thread starter macrumors 6502