Apps from other countries?!

MumsMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
SoCal
I am in the USA and my daughter's favorite proggy on the telly is Peppa Pig and of course it's from the UK.
I've heard that there are several Peppa Pig iPhone Apps available, yet I can't find them! I found the Christmas colouring one, but I know that there are several more, yet for some reason they are not showing up in the USA Apps store and I can't access the UK one. It's so frustrating!:(
Can anyone please point me somewhere that I can get these Apps for my daughter? Thank you!

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Move to the UK? I kid, I kid, I know on the PS3 you can make an account for different regions (UK, Japan, etc.) to get demos and the like, and I'm pretty sure you can do the same with the iTunes store, you just need to have an address to register a CC (possible with pre-paid CC or iTunes gift cards? google should help).

MumsMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
SoCal
Move to the UK? I kid, I kid, I know on the PS3 you can make an account for different regions (UK, Japan, etc.) to get demos and the like, and I'm pretty sure you can do the same with the iTunes store, you just need to have an address to register a CC (possible with pre-paid CC or iTunes gift cards? google should help).
Believe me, I would love to move back, but I have it too good here in the US! :D
I didn't realize that there were different APPs stores, just that my iPhone was detecting my region. I will look into what you suggest! Thank you!

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Believe me, I would love to move back, but I have it too good here in the US! :D
I didn't realize that there were different APPs stores, just that my iPhone was detecting my region. I will look into what you suggest! Thank you!
No prob, it's not as uncommon as you think, pretty much any legit media distribution online (and even physically) is region locked. Your DVD player and DVD drive on your computer are region locked, as is the iTunes store, PSN, (I assume) XBL, Netflix, etc. It's bizarre, but there are workarounds.

Mochi Hana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Texas
Get an iTunes UK gift card, and use a dummy address from the UK when you sign up. I did the same thing to get an account for the Japan store and it worked great; just found a Japanese address to sign up with instead of one in the UK of course.

rodman109110

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
Your best bet is to get a Uk itunes gift card or uk based visa/Amex gift card and create a new UK iTunes account using the gift cards. Then you should be able to purchase the apps you want.

Since we're on the topic of international gift cards, does anyone know of a place to get them? I would prefer a legitimate site, I'm not a big eBay person.