Apps from other countries?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MumsMac, Jan 8, 2012.

1. MumsMac macrumors newbie

I am in the USA and my daughter's favorite proggy on the telly is Peppa Pig and of course it's from the UK.
    I've heard that there are several Peppa Pig iPhone Apps available, yet I can't find them! I found the Christmas colouring one, but I know that there are several more, yet for some reason they are not showing up in the USA Apps store and I can't access the UK one. It's so frustrating!:(
    Can anyone please point me somewhere that I can get these Apps for my daughter? Thank you!

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Move to the UK? I kid, I kid, I know on the PS3 you can make an account for different regions (UK, Japan, etc.) to get demos and the like, and I'm pretty sure you can do the same with the iTunes store, you just need to have an address to register a CC (possible with pre-paid CC or iTunes gift cards? google should help).

3. MumsMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Believe me, I would love to move back, but I have it too good here in the US! :D
    I didn't realize that there were different APPs stores, just that my iPhone was detecting my region. I will look into what you suggest! Thank you!

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

No prob, it's not as uncommon as you think, pretty much any legit media distribution online (and even physically) is region locked. Your DVD player and DVD drive on your computer are region locked, as is the iTunes store, PSN, (I assume) XBL, Netflix, etc. It's bizarre, but there are workarounds.

5. MumsMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Are there any I should know about,? I think "hacks" might be too strong, but maybe a trick of somekind?
    I really "need" those Apps for my daughter; she's a total Peppa addict! LOL

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Like I said, it's usually just having a physical address that you can use for the account signup, for example, this is how you would do it for a Japanese PSN account:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hUJ4rrzi9c

7. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

Get an iTunes UK gift card, and use a dummy address from the UK when you sign up. I did the same thing to get an account for the Japan store and it worked great; just found a Japanese address to sign up with instead of one in the UK of course.

8. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

Your best bet is to get a Uk itunes gift card or uk based visa/Amex gift card and create a new UK iTunes account using the gift cards. Then you should be able to purchase the apps you want.

Since we're on the topic of international gift cards, does anyone know of a place to get them? I would prefer a legitimate site, I'm not a big eBay person.