apps that can batch change .JPG extension to .jpg

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sossity, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

is there an app that can do this but only change the file extesion case & not the rest of the file name.

ie; Sossity_1234.JPG to Sossity_1234.jpg

alot of apps will go from;

Sossity_1234.JPG to sossity_1234.jpg, they will change everything to lower case, & I only want the file extension to be lower case.

2. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

3. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

is there a native mac os x app or a free one that can do this? what about auto mator? & how would I set it up to do this?

4. FourCandles, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010

FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Not sure what you mean by "native" OS X app in this context.

Name Mangler runs in OS X and has a free trial. It takes literally seconds to batch rename file extensions.

You may be able to set up an Automator action to do the same thing but TBH you could probably d/l and install Name Mangler and run it in less time than it'll take you to write the Automator action.

EDIT 2: Yep, Automator can do it if you want to do it that way. Select Files & Folders from the Library on the left, drag Ask for Finder Items, then drag Rename Finder Items and choose Change Case, Extension Only and to: lower case. But I'd still check out Name Changer to see what it can do. :)

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

A Better Finder Rename can do it too, I've used it a bunch of times. Not cheap, but really easy to use and works really well.

jW