Apps That Drain Your Battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kase17, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Kase17 macrumors newbie

I read some say battery is great and some not so great. I'm getting ok battery, not the best. 6hrs of usage and 15hrs stand by that's with LTE 9-6 at work and 6:30-10 wifi at home. some browsing, email, iMessages, Facebook, flipboard & instagram. I see some getting 8-10. Maybe we can all together figure out if any apps we are using or just have install are draining our iPhones. Please Share.

2. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

It might be a good idea to calibrate the battery a few times.

3. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

No such thing with LiOn batteries. You dont need to condition it. Only issue you could have is if digital memory gauge is off (goes from 100-90 in 10 mins and 90-80 in 75 mins). In this case you want to discharge almost all the way to 0 (but not until it is dead) and then fully charge it up. This resets this. But this does not increase or improve battery life just resets the gauge.

Its really hard to look at anyones battery tests for a few reasons.

1) Very very hard to reproduce the same environment. Things like number of email accounts on push, number of push notifications, previews on lockscreens, etc can have a measureable affect on battery
    2) Even more than 1, the quality (dbs) of your cell signal are probably the biggest influencer of every day battery use. The weaker the signal consistently the harder it is on the battery.

I dont really have a good rec for you other than to say if you are finding the battery is dying on you too quickly for your needs, start tweaking things like lockscreen previews and the number of push notifications you get. Keep working on incremental changes to see if any one has a dramatic improvement.

4. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

Look at the bottom of this page, genius: http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html