Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Which apps are you waiting for a price drop/a sale before you buy, and at what price? Great sales like the temporary price drop of Doom: Resurrection down to $2.99 from $9.99 and the price drop of Hero of Sparta from $5.99 ($9.99 originally) to $.99 that raise the app's popularity significantly really show that major sales are becoming common after a few months on the App Store. Personally, there are a few apps that I'm waiting to go on sale since extremely significant sales are common for major developers like Gameloft:

Assassin's Creed - $1.99-$2.99
Terminator: Salvation - $1.99-$2.99 (since Terminator: Salvation seem fun, but it's only 1-2 hours long, $2.99 seems like all I'd pay for a game with a quality between an iPhone game and a high-quality PSP game of that length)
Brothers in Arms - $.99
(those prices seem likely since the developer saw Hero of Sparta rise to #1 for weeks once they dropped the price to $.99)
Sim City - $.99
The Sims 3 - $.99
(those games were only something that I wanted to try for probably an hour at most, that's why I wouldn't spend more for either since I wouldn't normally purchase either game)
Real Racing - $3.99-$5.99

I have no problem buying apps at launch, and a few weeks after without any price drops, though there are some games that seem old enough to justify a price drop.

adster

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
I have a collection in my AppShopper Wish List that I'm waiting for. Most notably:

Jaadu (I should've gotten in on that $5 deal almost a year ago, been $25 ever since)
Pocket Tunes (I know it just went on sale...but still)
Pocket Informant ($13 is just too much for a calendar)
Hurricane (good idea, but a little pricey)
Delivery Status Touch (seems to fluctuate, but haven't been able to get it at the 99 cent point yet)

The many GPS apps:
Nagivon and iGo

I haven't really added any games to my Wish List. I usually pick them up when I hear about them during their sale.

sparkles61785

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Beejive $1.99. $9.99 is way too much for an IM application. I am currently using IM+, but I hear so many good things about BeeJive, and I am eager to try it.

Monopoly Here and Now: $.99

Taxiball: $.99

Ragdoll Blaster: $.99

Colorsplash: $.99

The Oregon Trail: $.99

Touchgrind: $.99

I have so many more on my list, so I'm not going to mention all.

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
There are currently 50 apps on my AppShopper wish list. Some of them are:

Awesome Note
Air Sharing Pro
GV Mobile
Textfree Unlimited
Myst
Brushes
B.iCycle
Zen Bound
Touchgrind
Rolando 2
Layers
The Weather Channel Max
etc.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
Im waiting for [app]iGO My Way[/app] to drop it's price and waiting for TomTom to be released.

someonevague

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
in bargain bin if i list my watching price drop to be 3.99 and it drops to 2.99 will i still get a notification? i guess it could seem like a stupid question just curious

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I'm waiting for TT to hit something like 70$. It will most likely have a discount when the dock comes out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.