Appstore download buttons not working on iOS3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by torakaru, Jul 5, 2012.

1. torakaru macrumors member

torakaru

Hi Folks,

Since Saturday 23rd June 2012 the iOS Appstore download buttons don't work anymore. :eek:

When trying to download an app, after I press the "free" button, the "install" button moves to the side, is rearranged oddly and won't work. I saw where someone suggested just syncing the iPhone with the computer and downloading from there, but I don't consider that as a solution, but only an ugly "patch" to solve a bug that Apple introduced last weekend when they updated the Appstore.

Anyone more suffering these issues? Which device and iOS version are you using? :confused:

For you information, many users suffered this kind of problems 6 months ago and after many compaints from us, they fixed it!,... and now Apple did it again :(

It seems that all the users with iOS3.1.3 have this issue, and doesn't seem that Apple is working on it :mad:

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

This happens all the time with me on iOS 5.1.1 weird huh???

3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

iOS 3.1.3? Good god man. Are you rocking the original iphone or something? Is 3.x even supported any more?

How about updating to the current firmware and see if that resolves your issue?

4. tempaccount123 macrumors newbie

This is happening to me I think. I filmed it and put it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOZB5BcT9s&feature=youtu.be

Ipod touch 1st gen on 3.1.3

It was working fine last month when I used it, just recently got it out of a box after moving and I can't do anything in the app store.

5. Nermal, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

3.1.3 is the current firmware for some devices, and is still supported.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

While this is correct, these devices are, at minimum, four years old now. In terms of mobile technology they are dinosaurs. I am the type of person that likes future support for devices, but even I can understand there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. I am amazed the appstore catered to these devices for this long. I wouldn't expect Apple to put much effort into patching this thing.

7. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

It wouldn't be Apples style to not patch it. I could see a 'We'll fix it, but now that the application store discussion is brought up all new applications[including updates] will require 4.X or higher from X/X/12 onwards.'

8. torakaru thread starter macrumors member

torakaru

Yes, so many users cannot update above iOS3.1.3; but they should be allowed to download Apps from Appstore that still support it. :eek:

But it is not the case! :eek:

9. torakaru thread starter macrumors member

torakaru

Could be possible that any of the web Moderators talk about this topic in the Front Page? :rolleyes:

I think that it is an interesting also :eek:

10. dbrewster macrumors member

I'm experiencing this as well. Yes, my original iPhone may be a "dinosaur", but why should I stop using it if it's still a perfectly capable device? I use it primarily for text messages, calls, e-mails & hardware-friendly games. I may have a 4S, but I prefer not to use it when I'm on shady places.

11. torakaru thread starter macrumors member

torakaru

Totally right with you. And moreover, I bought many apps that I woule like to re-download as I wish. :D

And there are even many more apps/games still compatible with iOS3 on the AppStore,... is it going Apple to remove them from the Appstore or force the developers to recompile for iOS4? :mad:

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It doesn't seem to affect every app, so I wonder what's actually causing it. In the meantime as you mentioned earlier, it's still possible to download apps on your computer and copy them across.

13. torakaru thread starter macrumors member

torakaru

What do you mean with: "It doesn't seem to affect every app"? :confused:

Did you achieve to download any application with the iOS3? Which one? :eek:

14. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

15. torakaru thread starter macrumors member

torakaru

You are right, but only because the "Featured" and "Updates" sections are the only ones that still work on the iOS3 devices :(

(And you downloaded that game from the "Featured" section of the Appstore)

16. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Ahh. To be honest I don't use my 3.1.3 device anymore so I just randomly tapped around a few apps. It seems that most of them need 4.3 now too :(

17. torakaru thread starter macrumors member

torakaru

Yes, I confirm it to you :).

The Appstore works again on my iPhone 3G with iOS3.1.3 after close to 3 weeks waiting , but anyway, it seems that Apple didn't forget us, yet ;).

Enjoy folks! :D