"Aqua Obama" rejected from iPhone app store

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Nov 11, 2008.

1. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I don't see anything wrong with that, looks like a fun game :D

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

3. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

4. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

5. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    It got rejected because it treads questionable ground. Should Apple allow "Aqua Steve Jobs" or "Aqua Brittany Spears"? I think Apple is clear it doesn't want to go down that path however harmless it seems to the general public. The first time Apple needs to defend itself from a sue-crazy politician (they're certainly out there), who's mad because someone OTHER than his campaign, released an App Store program he sees as "mocking" him... it'll be one time too many. The first time Apple gets sued because of "Aqua Lost", featuring the heads of all the castaways, it'll be one time too many. Apple's got better things to do than to dip their toes into Trademark law.

All Aqua Apps needs to do, is creat an app called "Aqua Politics", and have it feature likenesses of the various candidates, and everytime that candidate's head goes in, the background changes to a theme that matches their campaign or style (while avoiding any mention of their name or logo).

Also, if the wasn't a PRICE of the app and it was dry and merely informative, I'm sure it would be less of a problem as well, although even that's a slippery slope.

~ CB