Aquaman iTunes 4K DV scores 9.5 for sound & vision!

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Interesting one this. This guy is my favourite film reviewer, usually concentrating on 4K UHD Bluray. He's a very hard to please guy and often rates a 4K UHD disc as a 7 or 8 at the most for audio and picture quality. It truly shows that mainstream Hollywood can either make or great job or a complete mess up when it comes to quality no matter what format you are buying into - it also highlights how i'm usually more impressed with the independent houses when it comes to sound quality clarity & picture.

This new iTunes copy scores a very impressive 9.5 out of 10 for both picture quality and audio. Just listen to what he says.
Of course, he ends the video saying that the disc may be even better. Well being honest, i'm happy to settle for 9.5 out of 10 especially since it's with me anywhere in the world and on my iPhone X, soon to be iPad Pro, MacBook and Apple TV 4K :)

Whilst it's not my kind of film that i'd watch, I truly appreciate Shaun's review. Any funny how the traditionalists still want the disc in the comments. Each to their own and each to what fits in with their lifestyle I guess.

Out of interest, I asked into a HMV store yesterday and it was like going back to 1999. It felt so wrong!
Cheap retro style record players with CD trays, DVDs and BluRay discs everywhere.
It felt so last century when I think of say an Apple store with the dynamic feel to the place full of inspired faces checking out the new iPad Pro's or iPhone XS or being creative on a MacBook Pro.
Oh, how the world has moved on :)

Last edited:

priitv8

macrumors 68040
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
It felt so last century when I think of say an Apple store with the dynamic feel to the place full of inspired faces checking out the new iPad Pro's or iPhone XS or being creative on a MacBook Pro.
Oh, how the world has moved on :)
If the same pace of moving on continues, we will be soon watching "high quality" a/v entertainment on our apple watches. Then, as the miniaturization tech progresses, from our fingernails.
(Pun intended).

PS this one's actually already ancient tech ;)

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
If the same pace of moving on continues, we will be soon watching "high quality" a/v entertainment on our apple watches. Then, as the miniaturization tech progresses, from our fingernails.
(Pun intended).

PS this one's actually already ancient tech ;)
Totally. The digital way of life fits in with a person's lifestyle. More and more people are choosing to travel the world now which is incredible and essential for opening ones eyes and mind. A lot of the world's problems from humans comes from lack of travel and living outside of their box.
How wonderful when their music or film or photos or video travels with them or can be accessed from anywhere in the world just by a simple internet connection :)