Archbishop claims condoms and drugs infected with HIV

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Queso, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Queso macrumors G4

Francisco Chimoio, Archbishop of Maputo and head of the Catholic Church in Mozambique believes some Europeans are deliberately infecting condoms and anti-retroviral drugs with HIV to finish off the African people.

The Archbishop stated that "Condoms are not sure because I know that there are two countries in Europe, they are making condoms with the virus on purpose", adding "They want to finish with the African people. This is the programme. They want to colonise until up to now. If we are not careful we will finish in one century's time".

You would think that such a servant of the people would be desperate to end this malevolent plan and free the people of the world from the evil plots of these fiends, but the Archbishop refuses to name the two countries involved in the truly diabolical plot. Possibly because he's talking out of his arse.

Mozambique is estimated to have around three million people infected with the HIV virus and/or AIDS, around 16% of the nineteen million strong population.

BBC News

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What an idiot. Yeah- don't use condoms! Have sex without them! Wow, just wow. :mad: You know what? It's going to be morons like this guy who finish off the African people if they don't wake up.

4. juanm macrumors 65816

This SOB should stand before a court for crimes against humanity.

5. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Wait, I thought Catholicism doesn't allow any kind of contraceptive. When my wife worked for a Catholic hospital they would not cover birth control in her medical plan...

Paranoia never leads to good end results.

6. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

7. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

It's one thing to have a theological argument against birth control, but fabricating something like this is altogether different. The guy sounds like an uneducated nut to me.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If only you did this more often, perhaps we wouldn't have to disagree with you as much.

9. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Unfortunately this whacko isn't alone. There are lots of other people in power in Africa who refuse to face up to the reality that is AIDS and simply want to blame the west.

Sometimes I think AIDS in Africa will simply become endemic, much like malaria. In time the guy's prophecy will come true, there simply won't be anyone left in Africa if they continue to blame the west and believe in mumbo jumbo cures.

It's sad because there are a number of countries that have been able to check the spread of AIDS. Too bad whackos like this get more press than they deserve.

10. takao macrumors 68040

takao

actually some say the idea of a "aids conspiracy" was made up during the cold war by the KGB and infused in many countries to gain anti western support

in swasiland in the age group 15-49 in the year 2005 42% were infected with HIV

in south africa more than 20% which means more than 5 million infections

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's unbelievably sad. It scares me that there are people like this out there spewing such garbage. AIDS definitely threatens to destroy Africa, no doubt- and fairly soon, if they don't get it together.

12. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Actually, I think whackos like this need more press. bad press that is.