Ardmore, PA (Suburban Square) Meetup

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by human5892, Jun 18, 2010.

1. human5892 macrumors newbie

Anyone headed here? I'm closer to the King of Prussia Mall, but I think I'll try for Ardmore just because it seems like there will be less people there.

No preorder for me...I'll be getting there as early as possible to try my luck for me and my fiance in line! :)

2. Xenius macrumors newbie

I won't be there, as I'm having mine shipped to the office. But good to see another Philly area person on the boards. :)

3. mike1123 macrumors 6502

mike1123

I'm on the fence about going. I'd go to Suburban Square before KOP, though. I want a white one, and the only way I'd consider going is if I knew for sure they were getting some in stock for launch.

4. jones.brian25 macrumors member

jones.brian25

I am heading to KOP. i never heard of suburban even though it is closer to me. i am already reserved for a phone in KOP but i still plan to be there early with the rest of the folks

5. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

I haven't decided whether to go to Suburban Square or to Christiana Mall, Delaware. I bought my Mac in Delaware because there's no sales tax, but I don't know if the extra drive is worth it for just $18.

I'd much rather go to Suburban Square than King of Prussia. It's a bigger store, and a much more pleasant environment. If I'm going to wait for hours, I'd rather do it outside, or in the large open store, rather than in a rather oppressive mall.

6. elephunkman macrumors 65816

My other thread is already made for Ardmore but who cares haha. I'm going there at 11PM the night before in case my reservation is declined and I have enough time to get myself in the front of the waiting line. I may call to ask how many reservations they received or how much stock.

7. human5892 thread starter macrumors newbie

Whoops, sorry -- I searched for an Ardmore thread when I made this one, but somehow I missed it.

And 11PM, wow...I don't think I can compete with that, hah! My hope is to get there really early in the AM on Thursday -- maybe like 4 at the latest.

8. IsntShe macrumors newbie

I'll be at Suburban Square as well--not sure what time I should be there though...

9. Bwyche macrumors newbie

Well I know suburban square always makes the news every year. Since it's 10mins from city line ave and the news stations be prepared to have a camera in your face. I never done it before but there has always been people outside around 6pm. Witnessing that has made me hire someone to stand in line for me til 11 when I can come and spend the night. I just hope they have the white 32gb. I'm sure they will have enough phones for everyone who camps out. I'm thinking they will have at least 100 phones for walk-in's. Anything less than a 100 would be crazy.

10. anng12 macrumors member

We didnt make the news last year... for 3gs..

did we?

11. RubxQub macrumors newbie

Never been to this location, but the KOP thread has me nervous that I'm going to get screwed, even if I show up early. Sounds like people are going to be scattered across a bunch of different entrances and it's going to be a dash to the store in the mall.

...eff that!

Does this place usually fill up really fast and do they usually have enough phones for non-pre-orders?

Thanks for any info.

12. anng12 macrumors member

if anyones in line at the store now, pics plz?

13. Bwyche macrumors newbie

I'm going to the store at 5 to drop off my friend so he can hold my spot in line til I get there later tonight. I will post a pic when I get there for y'all. When the iPhone 3G dropped I remember this store being on the news for having 100 people camp out. I hope most people preordered theirs so that I'm only one of few waiting to get the phone.
    Yeah KOP is out of the picture. It's a mall so it would be a race to get the phone. But the mall opens up early for people to walk around in for exercise.

I'm on Twitter if any of you want to follow me @Bwyche

14. human5892 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Bwyche -- eager to see a pic of the line, especially since I can't get there until the early AM. I hope not too many people have the same commitment to wait all night as you & your friend do!

15. archtmps macrumors newbie

Ardmore, PA

As of 3:30PM there were two people in line.

16. Bwyche macrumors newbie

I just dropped off my place holder. He is third in line

17. Bwyche macrumors newbie

I forgot to post a pic I forgot. But they have a cop in the store as well. Another is coming for the night shift.

18. archtmps macrumors newbie

Ardmore, PA

What is the purchase amount limit? 1, 2, more?

19. bcrumley macrumors newbie

Thanks for the recon guys! Any idea if the people waiting had reservations or not?

20. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Phone is coming in the mail, so no waiting for me!

21. laur.hope macrumors newbie

i'll be there

i'm going out tonight after i get off work and stop home to grab a chair etc around 9pm!

---ps i called apple about the "reservation & they said it doesn't really matter if you have one or not it's still first come first serve"

22. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Just drove by. Two lines. Res line was empty. Purchase line had about ten.

23. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Thats bullshiit. Why are there two lines then?

24. laur.hope macrumors newbie

I guess I was lied to... I have a reservation at KOP but I am not going there becuase of the craziness.

25. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I'm gonna go and sell my reservation to someone haha. If anyone needs mine.