Are all Black Box Warranty Replacement iPhone4's in the Apple Store New or Refurb's?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Jul 5, 2010.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I am trading mine in for the proximity sensor issue this week and I hear they are no retail boxed they come in a regular nothing black box (which of course makes sense cause retail has all accessories in the box which you don't get with a replacement).

I was told by the Apple store guy that they are all new but want to go to the experts and make sure all these black boxed apple phones are REALLY NEW iPhone4's?

Thanks so much guys and I hope I didn't make a new thread that has already been discussed.

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Read one of the other hundred posts on this subject they are new for now search

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This is a repeat thread, but yes, the iPhone 4 hasn't been out long enough for you to get a refurbished one.

4. mrFinder macrumors member

if you're worried about this, why don't you just RETURN the phone, and then REPURCHASE a brand new iPhone 4. that way you're guaranteed a brand new one. and today is still only july 5th, making EVERYONE still eligible to return their iPhone 4s if they choose to. i myself may return my iPhone 4 right before my 30 days are up and repurchase it so i can get one from the "new batch." there probably won't be any difference, but i'm just very ocd like that, so yeah.

5. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

That's just f'd up ....

6. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

That is certainly not what the 30 day return policy is for.

7. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

Refurbs are probably beginning to cycle in now.. but they are all covered under the same 1 year warranty included with purchase.. (AppleCare adds a 2nd year)

8. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

OK..... Sooo are they refurbs yet or not?

Thats the problem always conflicting stories. :(

9. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

This is why I buy my iPhone's from AT&T. They give you a new one in box until you get the right one. No confusion like the Apple store.

10. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

Believe it or not, this has been advocated by technical support and Genius bar workers, I believe (for this reason).

11. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

It usually takes a couple weeks for there to be referbs working their way into the market.

The apple guy said it was new.

It's new.

The guy at that store knows that it would be his job if he lied about something like that anyway.