Are all titles available for TV Seasons on Netflix?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by davidg4781, Mar 4, 2013.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I have a Samsung Blu-ray player and I'm only able to see no more than 100 episodes on TV Shows using the Netflix app. It's annoying because it'll randomly pull out certain shows.

Is this the same way on AppleTV? I've been thinking of getting one and this would really push me over.

Just for an example, I want to watch the Crime Aid episode of The Office. It's not on my Blu-ray player and there's no way to search for it or anything, so I have to go to my Mac, start watching it on there, and sometimes i can pause it, wait a bit, and it'll pop up on the Blu-ray.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If you can get it on your Mac in Netflix, you can get it on the Apple TV

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Great. I just want to be able to pick the episode I want to watch when I want to watch it. It's ridiculous the way Samsung has it set up.

4. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I take it you're talking about the "browser" so to speak. The NetFlix browser on the AppleTV is pretty good, and I think it will serve your purpose. When you select a TV show, you can then select a season, and browse through that season. IIRC, it shows the titles of the episodes along with the episode number.

It also has all the different lists like your queue, recommendations, recently watched, all the genres, etc.

For NetFlix, I usually choose my AppleTV over my TiVo box, and the TiVo Netlix browser is pretty decent.

Regards,
    Tom

5. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes, browsing is what I'm talking about! I didn't think to use that word since I can't do it with my current setup.

AppleTV is next on my list... after having to buy a car.

6. rayward macrumors 68000

One tip for browsing Netflix for watching via Apple TV: it's easier to search on your iDevice - using the keyboard - then add what you want to your queue. That way, you only have to navigate to the queue on your ATV, rather than try to "type" using your remote.

7. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

That's how I have to do it now. Only difference is I can only see what's in my queue. Nothing else. And just 100 episode max per TV show.

8. waw74 macrumors 68030

the remote app from apple includes a keyboard, it pops up whenever you're at a text entry box so you don't have to move around the on screen keyboard.

if money is an issue, roku is a decent option, and with a new model coming out, the old top of the line model should be showing up on ebay. you want to look for the roku XS. which was just replaced by the roku3.

9. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

I happen to do some traveling with work and rack up some frequent flier miles for it. I just got the Apple TV 3 from United for 10,000 miles. Its just another option if you don't have the money.

10. rayward macrumors 68000

I never knew that. I have the remote app. Thanks