Are any other 16 gb Ipad 3 owners worried about space?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I had a 16 gb Ipad 2, and never had much of a problem with space. I don't play many games on my Ipad, because I am mainly a PS3, 360 gamer. The main game that I really play is Draw something :D. I am just worried that apps are going to take up a lot more space.

The 16gb one is the only one that they had, so I just took what they had last night at Walmart. I use my Iphone 4s for music, so I am hoping that I can make this work just fine, just like I did my Ipad 2.

I don't watch movies on it either, other than streaming netflix. Anyone have any tips or anything? Anyone else worried about this?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes. Buy a 64GB model.

3. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not everyone can afford that. Everyone has different financial situations. I sold my Ipad 2, so I wouldn't have to pay much for the 3.

4. GaiaAero macrumors regular

I dont think everyone can afford a 64GB model.. just saying
    I bought a 16GB model.. I think I'm going to be fine
    There are Cloud Storage options like DropBox.. also I don't know what the return period if for Walmart but for Apple its 14 days so if I find that there's a problem with the storage, I'll just return it. Nothing to stress about! :)

5. SgtBullmoose macrumors member

Sync things from dropbox and don't store music and movies there oermanently

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, your not gaming on it, you wont put music on it, and you wont put movies on it.

I think you will be fine.

7. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's 45 days for Walmart. Could I return it if I wanted to and get a 32gb?

8. bjmach macrumors 6502

I wasn't at first but then decided I wanted a 32GB and picked one up at Walmart last night. Gonna return the 16GB to Apple when it gets delivered

9. Bokes macrumors 6502

You don't want to spend an extra $200 bucks....but you will spend it on iCloud monthly charge? makes no sense.
    Unless you're just talking about docs- i which case take very little space.

IMO- 64gig is the best option.
    The new HD apps are going to be large.

10. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

My 16gb 4g was delivered today. I had a 16 gig ipad 2 after a 32g ipad 1. I never got near 16 when I had the 32 so I figure 16 would suit me and it has. I don't store music, movies, or tv on it permanently. I mainly use my ipad for streaming, books, apps, and browsing.

11. siilver1984 macrumors member

You may not be enable to store all of your collection of movies tv shows and music on it, but you can only watch one thing at a time
    Only takes to mins to sync enthing from your computer, and if you have bought It of iTunes you can download it when ever you want

12. GaiaAero macrumors regular

When did I say I'm going to spend it on the monthly charge?
    I said I'm using DropBox along with the free 5GB from iCloud. Learn to read dude
    @Jacoblee23
    I ended up exchanging my 16GB for a 32GB. The Apple Store in Glendale,CA had plenty in stock so I got really lucky. I say play around for a few days and if you feel that 16GB is too small, just go ahead and exchange it. Have fun!

13. linkgx1 macrumors 68000

How will iCloud movies suffice? I"m usually on HBO GO/ MAX GO or Netflix anways. JUst curious

14. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

I pre-ordered a 16gig wifi.

After looking at some of the app sizes and using iPhoto to work with imported photos, I instantly realized 16 is WAY too small.

Just dropped a bomb this morning and got a 64gig Verizon one. Returning the 16gig that Fedex delivered.

16 is just tiny. No way would I be happy a few months from now. Sell something to pay the premium. You will be happy you did.

15. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

16. utl768 macrumors 6502

i went from a 32gb to 16gb because i got sick of seeing 20 plus gigs being wasted

u just have to manage how you store stuff

like ill put a couple of movies on there if im going somewhere but otherwise i just leave em off to conserve space

17. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

I could (and have) manage with 32gb most of the time, and 16gb sometimes.

However, when I go away the fact that syncing only takes minutes is irrelevant if my computer is hundreds or thousands of miles away, so I have to consider those few times as well.

I bought a 64gb.

18. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I'm not worried at all. I know my usage habits. Even if Apps balloon in size a bit, I'm not all that worried. I stream everything locally, and don't travel that much so syncing to my device isn't an issue. After I'm done with games (which are likely the biggest in size) I delete them off my iPad.

My best advice for new iPad owners who are worried is to just understand that this is not a computer in the sense that you're going to have all your media on it at once. Once you get over that barrier, the 16GB becomes a bit easier to deal with. Try iTunes Home Sharing, iTunes Match, and 3rd party apps (such as AirVideo) to lessen the burden a bit.