Are any other plus owners who ordered the X nervous about the size of the X?

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Upgraded to the 8 plus recently from the 7plus. Used wife’s upgrade to get the x and will use the x if I decide the size won’t be a deal breaker. I’m pretty nervous about it though. I wonder if thhe smaller size phone will be a deal breaker for me. What say you ?

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
After putting my hands on the X as a plus owner... I like the size a lot. Best of both worlds.

Reactions: riverfreak

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
I am not nervous at all, but it will be different and smaller in some ways, particularly landscape. Smaller keyboard will take some getting used to as well.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
Nope! I'll be going from the iPhone 7 Plus and I'm sure there will be some minor things I'll miss but honestly I'm all for the smaller overall footprint, etc. The X features far outweigh having a slightly wider screen as with the Plus models.

Reactions: cakebytheocean

quamsi

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2013
As someone who bought a 6s+, switched to a 6s and immediately regretted it and switched back, yeah I am a little nervous... o_O

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Just a little bit.

I find my gf's 6S pretty cramped when typing and the X isn't all that much wider.

Hopefully it's wide enough and the additional thickness makes a didference

Mabus51

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Not worried at all, I hate the size of my 7+. Glad to go back to the smaller form factor, if I don't like the X I'm exchanging it for the 8. Wish they would go back to the iPhone 4 size though. If I want a tablet screen I'll use my F'n tablet.

farfromovin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
The aspect ratio will take a minute to get used to, mostly because of the smaller keyboard but holding it and using it will be great. The current line of Plus devices just aren’t 1 hand friendly, hopefully the X improves on that. We’re on the right track though getting rid of the giant chins on the iPhones.

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
I got tired of the plus size. It's nice, but a little too big. I mean, I actually find myself happy that I'm wearing a coat, as then my phone fits in the pocket comfortably, which is pathetic. :D

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Nope. It's the main reason why I want it. The shortest among the top flagships and its height is close to the Galaxy S7 flat and 5" Pixels.

Reactions: riverfreak

ezgoezit

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2017
Seattle
I'm used to the 6 and I recall when I switched to the 6, it was a larger size than my last one before that. I got used to the size quickly, but I admit that even the six is bigger than I'd like it to be when I put it in my pocket, so I think the, even slightly larger size might be a bit annoying, but mostly when I'm not actively using it.

noobinator

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Pasadena, CA
Love the size of the X compared to the Plus models. I got my case in yesterday and it feels perfect knowing the front is nearly all screen.

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
As much as I love my 7 Plus, I can’t imagine not having the X. So I will make the size work. And in reality, I’m excited for it. I got a couple of X cases and I think the size is perfect. I also carry a 6S, so having a smaller second phone to carry all of the time might be nice.

ARizz44

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I have been but to be honest, until I have both in my hands side-by-side on Friday, I will reserve judgement. Who knows, maybe the X will blow me away to the point that that loss of width is a welcomed trade-off. But until I personally use both, I am no longer going to stress over it.

daydayvol

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
As someone who bought a 6s+, switched to a 6s and immediately regretted it and switched back, yeah I am a little nervous... o_O
What were you missing? The actual size of the phone or screen size. If screen size then there really shouldn't be an issue.

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2008
London via Sydney
Holding the iPhone X case I’ve bought was strange compared to my 6+, but I feel once it’s the X itself and is a solid object it’ll be fine. Not worried.

tommysm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2013
i’m sure i’ll get over it. i wear skinny jeans and was tired of my phone hanging out of my back pocket haha

quamsi

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2013
42584C30-3EB2-48C6-857D-B85D88D22130.jpeg
So I have to say that after I commented above yesterday, my iPhone X case came in. I’m quite relieved. It feels great in my hand. Much more comfortable. A little smaller, yes, but not overly drastic. For the record, I’m a woman with average size hands.
[doublepost=1509643867][/doublepost]
What were you missing? The actual size of the phone or screen size. If screen size then there really shouldn't be an issue.
Its been a couple of years And I honestly forget when I was coming from, some kind of an android, but the screen size just didn’t seem big enough. I also preferred how substantial the plus felt, so it was a little of both

Last edited:

adam1080

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2012
Had a pluses since the 6plus, love the screen and the two handed typing on it, but dealing with the size in a pocket and 1 handed use was always less than perfect.

I have an iPod touch with DSD and FLAC files that I pair with a DAC for high-res music listening. Whenever I switch to that and try to type it feels like a dang postage stamp.

I don't have huge mitts either(but am quite fine using pluses one handed. In fact when I see people holding a plus or even some of the shots of people holding a X, I think their hands look tiny...)

My iPhone X cases feel amazing and feel pretty small even. Am a tad nervous about getting used to typing on something narrow again(cause of switching back to the iPod, but that is narrower than the X), but not that worried.
I do welcome back the days of one handed holding and scrolling with an index finger!! Essentially impossible for a plus unless you a giant. Can do it, just like I can "palm" a basketball, but not well enough to be useful.

Bring on tomorrow already!!!!