Are Apples stores sold out or do they tend to have stock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scott6666, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

I know we don't need a store by store stock count but are people finding that Apple stores have stock, or is it an early morning line scarcity situation?

It's too nice weather-wise to go to the store, so if anyone has been and has info please be kind and post. Save us all a trip and save Apple employees multiple calls all asking the same thing. Eco-friendly support.

2. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I walked right into the Grand Central NYC store at 6PM Friday night and they had all iPhone 5 models in stock except AT&T. They had all colors and sizes from Verizon and Sprint with no lines. It actually seemed like a normal Apple day there, a lot of people, but not crazy crowded or anything.

3. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I did not expect to be able to stroll in at 11 AM on launch day and buy one. Waited 40 minutes. I believe they did eventually run out. But the only way to be sure is to get in touch with your local store or have an excuse for dropping by.

4. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I got in line at 6:45am this morning - I was 2nd in line! The store opened at 8am. Around 7am, an employee came out and asked the three of us in line what we were there for and he checked his inventory list. The guy in front of me wanted a black, Verizon 64gb - no dice. He left. I took the only white, Verizon 16gb. The girl behind me took the only two black 16gb Verizon. Seems like they had more AT&T.

He said that the store receives FedEx shipments daily before noon, but they never know what's on the truck. Sometimes there are phones and sometimes not. It's always a surprise.

5. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

Hope this is the case for today. I plan on walking in to an apple store after work.

6. LatinaC09 macrumors regular

LatinaC09

I think it depends on which Apple store it is. The one by me had all models in stock when I walked in at 5pm.

7. marvingaye macrumors member

Ann Arbor, MI: only larger Sprint models in stock.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

It depends on the store and when they get shipments. Grand Central had no AT&T units at 10:00 this morning when they opened, but at 2:00 (a few minutes after I decided to try again), they got a shipment. 5th Avenue had a long line in front (probably 100 people), so I'm guessing that they had some or were expecting some, as well.

I think the stores are being replenished as quickly as possible.

9. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Somerset and Partridge Creek stores only have Sprint left as well. I got the last white 32GB at the Verizon store yesterday but I want to switch to a 64GB black model.

10. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

My local apple store only has Sprint left.

How long until they get their next shipment I wonder

11. jargon51 macrumors 6502

Don't know about Apple stores but I was at my local AT&T store and while I was there they got a fresh FedEx shipment with 30 new ones

12. gwwwhhhaaattt macrumors newbie

Just call ahead. I ended up doing that and then quickly changed and ran out the door!