Are conservatives trying to bring slavery back?

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
I had to put an extra layer of asbestos underwear on, but...

I doubt they are, but their actions do seem to be opening the way.

This article suggests Republicans are giving empowerment to CSA ideas and actions.

Yes, WIDE OPEN for debate. Not taking sides, just a flame war for which PRS is for.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Much ado about nothing.

Of course the confederate battle flag, like any other symbol, means different things to different people. To some people, it's a symbol of racism, slavery, and hate; to others, it's no more racist or hateful than sweet tea, pickup trucks, or fishing.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Regarding the OP, I'd say no, but they love the idea of slave wages if they can get traction on the idea. Just don't call it "slave wages", instead use something like "Patriot Freedom Wages". :D

Reactions: PracticalMac

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Regarding the OP, I'd say no, but they love the idea of slave wages if they can get traction on the idea. Just don't call it "slave wages", instead use something like "Patriot Freedom Wages". :D
Yes, just what I was thinking!

Although the CSA flag has different meanings right now and for majority of Blacks is all about oppression/restrictions, and with resistance to Gay marriage, no national health care, and like the message does sound like going back to oppressive times. Not just party of NO, but party of Oppress.

Just an impression I get from these news bits I hear.

Reactions: Huntn