Are democrats bringing the Red Scare back?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Seems like every other thing that goes wrong for the democrats is due to the "Russians" and they get blamed with little to no evidence. They are rigging our elections, they are influencing our candidates, they are starting wars in the middle east (laughable since we've been blowing **** up and killing civilians there for years), they are hacking our infrastructure (as if we don't do the same to them).

Not to mention they are being used as a deflection point to hide the fact that Hillary is a corrupt pile of **** and has so much baggage leaking out that it can't be contained.

Are democrats brining the Red Scare back? Will Hillary bring in the election with a new Cold War?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Do tell how many military drills do you think the US does outside of our own country? **** we help other countries do their military drills (s. korea, etc all)

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Man that went over your head. Allow me to spell it out.

A member who is against Clinton posted a thread fermenting fear from Russians.

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Allegedly...

Also of historical interest, it was the (first?) Red Scare(tm) certainly turned Reagan away from his Democratic roots... that audio clip on Youtube where he stumps for Truman is pretty eye-opening stuff. Amazing how little has changed, oddly enough.

That is the Reagan that should be revered as a saint.

If nothing else, a new cold war will make a dozen or more James Bond movies un-dated and relevant again.

6. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Thats not what this thread is about, reread the first post please. Why are the democrats leaning on the Russians to deflect from their **** ups via email?

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Russia is mobilizing...

Who's bringing up the red scare now ?

8. samcraig macrumors P6

What about sexy.. are they bringing sexy back?

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There is ample evidence to suggest that Russia is directly responsible for all sorts of malevolent attempts to interfere with and destabilize, the United States.

Do you really want an exhaustive list of these acts?

Russia does not represent the existential threat that the former Soviet Union did at the height of the Cold War. It is a somewhat tragic example of endemic corruption and economic failure. The Soviet Red Army, at its height, could have marshaled two hundred or more highly mobile divisions that would have likely swarmed into West Germany and the rest of Western Europe. Today's Russian Army is, by comparison, a ramshackle affair, one whose technological reach clearly outstrip its grasp. For a good laugh watch this attempt by the Russian Navy to launch a cruise missile.

So: No. We aren't in any serious danger of slipping back into a new Cold War.

That doesn't mean, however, that we should be blind to or ignore the mischief that criminals such as Vladimir Putin are responsible for on a daily basis.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Just think with Arnolds illegitimate son looking just like him, we can have a rebirth of the great 80's action flicks!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    As great of a poster as @yaxomoxay is I don't think any of us here would consider him in the democrat circle, especially the elite circle that are placing the blame on Russia which is what the OP is talking about.

11. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The US does the same thing to nearly everyone.

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Everybody accuses Obama and Hillary of using Saul Alinsky tactics when they are really using McCarthyite tactics.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Ironically, it seems to be conservatives who believe that war with Russia is imminent and inevitable.

So who is trying to Red Scare whom?

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Huh ?

Thats all I got man. you are confused.

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I would break out the crayons for you but I don't feel like buying any. So let me try another way.
    At least two posters have said conservatives are the ones pushing the "Red Scare", I'm not seeing any conservative that is a governmental position pushing that. The only people I see are the Dems, the DNC, a Democrat led FBI, saying that it's Russia releasing these leaked emails.

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Russia is mobilizing...

That thread was started by a democrat ?

17. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This is because the democrats are villifying Russia and blaming Russia for their correspondence that makes them look terrible being leaked. Against any normal opponent this would have sunk Hillarys chances.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

So you're blaming us for your war fears?

C'mon man. Take some personal responsibility for the thoughts in your own head.

19. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

They aren't fears, the democrats are literally stoking a war with Russia by blaming them for actions that haven't been substantiated and messing around in the Middle East.

The democrats have cultivated the worst relationship with Russia in decades.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Again I link you

Russia is mobilizing...

Now please repeat that.

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Sure sounds like fear to me.

22. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Observing one party spit in another parties face and then noting that it is likely to start an altercation would not be considered a fear. One could note that it would be rather dumb for one side to do the action though.

23. yaxomoxay, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016

yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

No.
    It's not fear of Russians. It's fear of doing the wrong thing at the wrong moment. Specifically it's fear of the United States of America. Fear that for some unknown strategic reason, mixed with pride, the US will allow the Syrian crisis to escalate to a terrible situation.
    I said numerous times that Russia is probably doing what it needs to survive in the long run, and as I mentioned in that very thread I believe that Putin is quite rational and not the madman depicted in Western media. Now, my evaluation is certainly debatable and I welcome anyone that disagrees with me; that's the beauty of this forum.
    However, I won't let my posts to appear aimed at fear of the enemy. Quite the opposite. I fear ourselves, and western conviction that everyone else should bow to our moral values. Just the other day the First Lady of the United States of America talked about America this way: "how can we maintain our moral authority in the world?"
    Our. Moral. Authority.
    Now, I bet that there are at least 150 countries that disagree with her, and some of them disagree quite strongly. Is it really what the Obama family believes? If so, help me God. The last thing I want is a messianic president who believes it's necessary to attack Syria because America is the moral authority. We already had one in 2001, and he was convinced that the American system (and not its moral values) was the authority. We know how it ended.
    Russia, I believe, is right now a pressure cooker, and we're trying to block the steam vent. If we do, the result is inevitable.
    I am scared of us, not Putin.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

iI honestly have no idea what version of reality it is that you exist in. The Russians have been hacking into a very wide variety of US government, political, electoral, and commercial systems for well over a year now.

25. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Then WHY is the title of the thread " Russia Mobilizing......"

That's 3rd grade fear tactics and was designed to get attention.