are gay guys more sensitive?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Salasm, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Salasm macrumors regular

Salasm

that is my general impression of them. seems all the violence in dis world are commited by straight guys. i dont remember ever hearing about violence committed by gay guys. ok, so i was in manchester several weeks ago, and we visited canal street, yeah gay central.. most guys seemed friendly.

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

ohh this thread will be getting ugly fast.
    I don't think violence and sexual preference have anything to do with each other.

Couple questions for you:
    How does sensitivity relate to violence?
    Do you think the media would specifically mention if a crime was committed by a gay or non-gay person?

3. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

*Predicts 20 minutes until an all-out flame war. :eek:

4. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

Sensitivity doesn't relate to rage/violence in any direct manner.

Not to start a war but the question you are asking has no relevant correlation with any violence stats.

If you were to replace "Sensitive" with: Non-Confrontational, Confrontational, Passive, Aggressive, etc*

*Merely random character traits that would possibly have something to do with violence

5. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Do you work for an Ad agency or the marketing department of some store? Everything you write (well last two posts of yours that i've seen) have an asterisk leading to something else.

6. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

Yes on the Ad Agency thing but No, I just figured in the last hour that it was a good idea to have somethings stand out and be obvious - I was getting tired of some posters only skimming my posts and miss quoting or un-necessarily try to start an argument which only confuses others.

I was just trying to make the thread stay on point instead of being twisted.

7. furious macrumors 65816

furious

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hate to burst your bubble, but we homos can be just as sh**ty as straight guys. I've been in my share of fights, and while I am definitely not proud of them, they usually ended with me saying "Go home and tell your momma a ****** kicked your ass". Very immature and stupid, but I did do it a few times. I don't recommend it. It only gets you trouble, heartache and regret. We should treat people as we want to be treated.

9. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Can we see a demonstration of this on youtube? :D

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I was going to post something, but I realized I just don't have the balls for this thread. Or do I?

[​IMG]

11. Queso macrumors G4

LOL. Sounds familiar although I used the phrase "Now **** off and tell your mates how a poof caused those bruises." I also told someone once that if he came near me again, they'd find him dead in a skip.

So much for sensitivity :D

12. mpw Guest

It's a nice ideal, but doesn't work. I touched this girl up on the bus one time, just like I'd have liked her to touch me and got slapped; when there are people like that about what hope has society got?*

*Obviously a joke people.....you honestly think any girl would turn me down**

**Oh please y'all should know me better than that***

***If not maybe you should get to know me better ;-)

13. aquajet macrumors 68020

Lee and dynamic sound like tough cookies. I like that. Maybe you guys could come protect me. :D

But to answer the OP -- no. Gay guys can be just as vicious as anybody else. I mean, just look at Fred Phelps. :eek:

14. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I'm a sensitive straight guy. :D Does that blow your mind or what?

15. aristobrat macrumors G4

Great, now I need to find a monitor wipe to remove the Dr. Pepper that I just sprayed everywhere trying not to laugh too loudly here at work... :D

Doesn't blow my mind, but definitely can cause confusion with my gaydar. heh

16. Queso macrumors G4

In the main I'm just mouthy. Typical Manc. You pour in alcohol, you get aggro :D

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's because it was bad touching uncle mpw. :)

18. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I avoid having fights but if someones really going at it and wants to see if I will do it I will pop one on their nose and if it knocks them to the floor maybe I will kick them in the balls and stomach! But I don't feel the need to act macho and I am some times sensitive.

19. Salasm thread starter macrumors regular

Salasm

i dont not know personally any gay guys, so most of what i gather of gay guys is on tv. my influences are ross the intern and all the float parades gay guys seem to partake in.

sorry for my utter ignorance. please rake me over hot coals and poke my eyes out.

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You shouldn't volunteer for such treatment. ;)

21. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

All I can tell you is I'm straight and I cry at sad (or even extremely beautiful) scenes in movies.

My wife doesn't. :p

22. Queso macrumors G4

Don't be silly. It's a fair question to ask :D

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It was a fair question to ask. We are definitely painted a certain way in society. There are plenty of swishy, feminine "sensitive" parade-going gay men out there, and we love them. Then there are the rest. Who do you think is more interesting to take pics of? Those guys are some of the bravest people you'll ever meet.

24. stillwater macrumors regular

That sounds a lot like my wife and me.