Are iPhones shipping w/ 3.0? If not is there a free upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Chupa Chupa, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I want to sell the iPod touch that came w/ the Mac To School offer. My serial number indicates it was produced in May so I assume it has OS 2.x, not 3.0. Is there any way to check for sure, and if it has OS 2.x is there a free upgrade since I bought it after 3.0 shipped and direct from Apple?

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Nope, you've got to pay for it.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

The iPod touch you have to pay to upgrade to 3.0

4. MAC~n~Cheese macrumors newbie

I just got my iPod Touch last Friday with the back to school deal too. None of the iPods that are going out now have the latest 3.0 software. Each download is $10.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

New iPods won't ship with 3.0 until September when new iPods come out.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Your thread title is misleading. But 3.0 will come out with the new iPods.

7. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

isn't the OP referring to the iphone and not touch? is so, i read somewhere that since the iphone is attached to a subsription service, that the 3.0 upgrade is free.

8. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

No, the thread title is misleading but the original poster is definitely referring to the Touch.

9. pdjudd macrumors 601

Do you have a cite that specifically lists the release date of future iPods? A link from Apple would be preferable. If you cannot provide such a link with confirmed information, please refrain from making absolute statements that can deceive or confuse people. Its not a good idea.

10. old-wiz macrumors G3

iPods have historically come out in September. Many others on this same forum are saying the same thing, I am NOT the only one. The basic point is that iPods don't have 3.0 installed and will not until next gen comes out. This is how it has worked in the past.