Are launch day iPhone returns slightly longer than 14 days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmk1974, Oct 1, 2014.

1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I ordered my iPhone 6 and it was delivered on launch day 9/19. When I looked up my return eligibility online, it said I can return up until 10/7. For those that also received theirs on Day 1, do you also see a return window greater than 14 days?

2. meraki1990 macrumors newbie

I did see this as well,

but when I tried to do an exchange today at an Apple Store, it rung up as return period expired and required a manager override...

Dunno why, guess the system thinks the order date is when the return period starts.

Still, I won't bet on it as B&M stores may count differently.

3. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Strange that they were going from the order date. Per the website, you can return to store or ship back, but since nobody got them before 9/19 I'm surprised they first went from your order date.

I just need to know if I have to return mine by today or can go by what the website says. I saved a screenshot just in case.

4. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

I think it's best to give Apple a call just to get confirmation and for your peace of mind. Make sure you keep more than 1 copy of the screenshot as well, just in case. ;)

As for the other guy, I'm not sure why he was refused a return because the clock starts ticking from the date you receive the product, not from the date he ordered.