Are MBPs with hi-res screens a regular stock item at the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Russell L, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Russell L macrumors regular

Looking to get a 15" i7 w/hi-res screen and would love to just walk into an Apple Store and get one right away. (I hate to order stuff and have to wait for it.......) If I HAVE to order one, what's the usual wait time?

2. racedude macrumors member

Nope, the only way you can get a laptop with a high-res screen is through ordering it through their online store. Unless this has changed in the past couple of months, I went in asking the same thing and the store manager told me it's an online only feature since they have to place the order directly with the factory.

3. MasterTick macrumors 6502

Weird, I walked in to my local Apple store and they sold me a 15in MPB with high res display.

I'd call first but I'm guessing they do since you're in San Francisco.

4. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Yes, they have HR AG models in the store, but it only comes in the high-end, 2.66 i7 model.

5. Baral macrumors member

This is the case in most of the NY stores as well. They only stock the hi-res antiglare in the 2.66 i7 model.

I've heard of some stores not stocking them at all. However, I've never heard of a store stocking hi-res antiglare in any other model. So it seems like stores either don't have them, or only have them in the high end model.

6. demonsavatar macrumors regular

Yeah, thats how it is around Philaldelphia also. Otherwise the Mac geniuses are really happy to help you order one online...

7. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

What about the hi-res glossy? Does anybody ever order that?

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's not an option in store, if that's what you're asking…

9. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

No, I was just wondering if anybody has ever ordered one online and if so, what they look like.

10. cmhsam macrumors 6502

I too had a similar question but once I looked at the HR AG I was sold. Although the gloss display is nice the AG, IMHO, is more practical and easier to use.