Are Mb's still with loose battery covers and slanted keys or new ones are fixed?(2009

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PieceofBritney, May 2, 2009.

1. PieceofBritney macrumors newbie

Are alu Mb's still with loose battery covers and slanted keys or new ones are fixed?

I want to buy one now, and we don't have any mac support center or ANYTHING in here, so i can't change or replace my keyboard or battery cover.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I got my Unibody MacBook a few weeks, and it is perfect in every way.

3. jtibbitt macrumors regular

jtibbitt

I got mine about two months ago. It was perfect too.

4. viperguy macrumors 6502

Perfect as well, bought in February.
    And in case you buy one and it has any problem, I don't see why you wouldn't get a replacement (worldwide support)

5. PieceofBritney thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear, because i'm so picky(i'm selling my vaio cs16 just because it has a very small scratch/crack on it)

i really can't live with loose battery cover or slanted keys(Specially slanted keys)

In my country there's no real support for mac.

i have to fly to others for support, so it's impossible to fix battery cover or keyboard=[.

And Mac is so expensive in here(compare to other countries)

6. genmic macrumors regular

No manufacturing process is perfect. There will always be a chance for things like this, and with Apple products an even greater chance for minor imperfections (or maybe it's just the higher standards due to marketing). It's really luck of the draw.

Either way don't let that stop you from enjoying these amazing machines!

7. PieceofBritney thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm so glad you guys have perfect ones, because there's too many threads about macbook problems=[.

Extra "M" buttons, Slanted keys, Loose covers, Broken drives and etc.

I didn't want to buy mac anymore after reading these things about it. haha

8. viperguy macrumors 6502

Hmm.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you buy your MB at your country then the store you bought it is going to offer you at least some kind of warranty, won't it?
    Anyway, if it doesn't, double check your computer before leaving the store. Problems may occur and you might get a faulty unit, and that's a risk everyone has to take.

9. PieceofBritney thread starter macrumors newbie

They don't about small problems like loose battery covers or slanted keys.=[

and they get money before they open it, so i don't think they let you get another one for those problems.

And I'm so picky, so i'll die if i get a laptop with slanted keys or loose covers.

10. viperguy macrumors 6502

Maybe try explaining the situation to the store manager, who knows... because it should be terrible to have a product (any kind of product) without full warranty.

11. PieceofBritney thread starter macrumors newbie

I know but i really love Macbooks(this is first time i want to buy Mac), Sony and Dell has good warranty in here but not Mac.

12. bradenwh macrumors 6502

It's really dumb if you think you'll "die" if you have those small imperfections. I have the slanted function keys and loose battery cover, and they didn't bother me once I stopped thinking about it.
    The keys you can only see if you get your face right down above the keyboard at eye level. Otherwise, they look perfect. It annoyed me when I first saw it, but then, over time, I stopped thinking about it.
    The battery cover is barely loose and easily looked over.

All in all, small imperfections like that are nothing to "die" over. No matter how picky you are.