Are people still buying iPhones? Do you know anyone that has recently bought iPhone?

Rybold

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
California, USA
Almost everyone that I know that owns an iPhone3G bought it more than a month ago. Do you know anyone that has bought an iPhone 3G in the past ten days? Have you, yourself, or have you seen someone buying an iPhone3G in the past ten days? I have not, and that is why I am asking this question.
Thank you. :)

BVsmurfette

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
NYC
yup - me! i got mine about a week and a half ago... and there was a line at the store when I did. in fact, the guys in the apple store (5th ave, manhattan) said the line for new iphone purchases is pretty much constant, every day.

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
Picked up my 16 GB white in Sunday, but there was a line to get in to the store in general. But no need to wait for the phone minus the whole activation thing.

arubinst

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
Lausanne - Switzerland
I've had mine for 2 weeks. My brother and his wife got one each just one day before I did. All of them are 16 GB, 2 black and one white.

My wife just changed her mind and now she wants to keep her Sony Ericsson and buy a 2nd generation iPod Touch.

Here in Switzerland, some stores still have waiting lists. Typical waiting time is 1 to 2 weeks. If you look around a little bit, you may get lucky and find them in stock (usually the 8GB version). I waited 4 days for my 16 GB.

I can tell you that people are still eagerly buying them here.

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I'm buying a 16 gig today. I went to check last week at the AT&T store and there was no line and they have them in stock so I'm going back today (old cell contract expired yesterday).

nhw

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2004
yep.

was just at the applestore today in valley fair, there was still a small line, about 6 people waiting for iphone.....

seedster2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
NYC
People are still buying them but of course that initial demand has declined.

They seem to be artificially inflating demand overseas by limiting supply. It's odd that there are still countries who have short waiting lists and orders remain unfulfilled.

jz7410

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2007
$25 for you and me

If anyone here is new to At&t email me at: zajacjames[at]yahoo.com
At&t has a refer a friend and we both get $25
it has to be within 14 days of activating your new at&t service

no-engine

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
New Hampshire
I may buy one Friday; I have appointment at Apple Store for my MacBook Pro, as the optical drive is bad. So I told Apple Care support I may buy phone at same time. She said mention that and maybe my MBP will be fixed without delay! Wishful thinking I suppose! Apple Store is 70 miles away.

Should I skip Apple andgo to AT&T store, a few miles nearer!!! Using the rebates? Thanks

GCY

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2006
NYC
quick question.

What are the process in getting an iphone from the apple store? Do they make you sign the contract in the store? Or do you need to just be pre-approved and you do everything yourself(via itunes)?

xraydoc

macrumors demi-god
Oct 9, 2005
One of my co-workers, a grandmother, just bought one over the weekend. She's even managed to add ringtones and change the SMS tone.

srexy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2006
Yup - got mine on Thursday last week - 1 week before my Verizon contract is finally up.

Reception in my area is so-so but I love the phone regardless.

Can't wait to port my # over tomorrow so I can use it in earnest.