Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Hey Guys.

Just wanted to share an experience and also ask you guys for any feedback if available. So Like many here I am petrified, Paranoid about my iPad Pro getting any sort of Scratches be it even Hairline Scratch which is not visible in normal conditions only in certain lighting conditions it could be visible. But even that kind of wear and tear is not acceptable to me I am sure there are a lot of guys here like me. And at the same time I hate to the core of applying a Screen Protector they are IMO the filthiest thing Mankind has ever invented :p Yeah seriously they take away the true iPad Experience from you and also kind of take away the Screen Magic in terms of colour and brightness So then people like me ask what is the solution to this ? Leave in this constant fear of anything scratching the screen

Guess what guys ?

The world could not be a much better place than this I have found this magical product it is called the Nano Liquid Screen Protector.

It is also a Screen Protector but in Liquid Form. It creates a very very fine barrier (Impossible for human eye to detect) (Need a Microscope to see it) So it creates a Ultra Fine Layer of Silicon Dioxide on your screen which is impregnable which is kind of a wall of a fort which is impossible to penetrate. It is a new thing, so not many people know about it, and people are always averse to try new things. Newton Faced it, Galileo Faced it so who are we ?? lol !!

So you just apply this liquid as you clean your screen with any screen cleaning solution like whoosh or anything apply it leave it for 15 Minutes and then wipe it of. Viola ! You are done !!

I tested this on my old phone. I tried rubbing Keys, Coins almost anything that I could get hold of and it did not leave one bit of scratch on it. But yes, when I took a Razor Blade the kind of blade which old shaving razor would have and when I rubbed it several time then it left a Minor a very Minor Hairline Scratch. But frankly how much is this kind of thing going to happen in real life situation. What could be such a Razor Sharp thing with Extremely Sharped Edges that your iPad Screen is gonna get exposed to, Sound impossible right ? But in 98% to 99% scenarios it does the trick. I am so delighted to have come across this product. This is like almost a feeling that I have when Archimedes Jumped out of his Bath Tub shouting Eureka !!

Similarly for a lot of guys here more than the scratch the Finger Print Marks on the screen is a worry so there is this product this one.

Which is supposed to restore your Oleophobic coating back. You have to use 5-6 drops on the screen, leave it for a while and you are done. I have not tried this one, eventually I would even apply this one, IN the mean time I wanted to ask any of you guys here have by now used it at all ? How is the feedback ? Does it work ?

Reactions: 0128672

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Yeah, I have tried one of those coating kits before, but that was a long time ago. Ultimately, I didnt notice much of a difference.

The key thing is, you do not have to Touch the Device 30-40 Minutes after your Apply it. People don’t follow meticulously the rules, The effect is not immediate. You apply first coat leave it for 15 minutes then apply second coat then again leave it for another 15 minutes. If you have any more Liquid Left go for third coat and then leave it for full 40 minutes and then you wipe it off clean with Microfibre Cloth.

I am reporting a live incident. It did work for me.

Edit : I am only talking about the Nano Liquid Screen Protector Not the Oleophobic Coating thing.

Last edited:

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
I have had every iPad since the beginning and have never used a screen protector, and have never had scratches. Use one on my phones though.

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
I think if you live on non dusty areas, your iPad screen should be okay. But on windy and sandy areas, that would be a problem since sands and certain dust particles are often still stronger than even sapphire glass.

I live on dusty area, but haven’t put screen protectors for 2 months now on my ipad pro.
Still enjoying the naked screen quality. And use my ipad mostly indoors and almost use my magic keyboard, so less touching. But might install a screen protector soon for a peace of mind when drawing with the pencil.
I have both glass and matt film screen protectors ready, but don’t think would install the liquid base protectors. It feels weird in my mind to put drying liquid on a device’s screen.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
I have both glass and matt film screen protectors ready, but don’t think would install the liquid base protectors. It feels weird in my mind to put drying liquid on a device’s screen.

Even I had same apprehensions before using this, but trust me it is absolutely harmless. Does no harm to your screen. And infact makes it more scratch resistant.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I tried rubbing Keys, Coins almost anything that I could get hold of and it did not leave one bit of scratch on it. But yes, when I took a Razor Blade the kind of blade which old shaving razor would have and when I rubbed it several time then it left a Minor a very Minor Hairline Scratch.
Same to untreated glass. Coins and keys are not 'hard enough' to scratch iPhone glass. A razor blade at a 90 degree ( or near ) angle, with decent pressure can create hairline scratches. The major culprit of scratches is sand ( specifically quartz sand ).

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Same to untreated glass. Coins and keys are not 'hard enough' to scratch iPhone glass. A razor blade at a 90 degree ( or near ) angle, with decent pressure can create hairline scratches. The major culprit of scratches is sand ( specifically quartz sand ).

Yes, so that’s what I am saying coins and keys did not leave any scratch but the razor blade when I used it at different angles kind of left a micro scratch which was again only visible if you had a look on the screen in different lighting conditions, it would not be visible in normal viewing conditions.

PROFESS0R

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2017
This coating will not stop broken glass whereas a screen protector will. I had broken roughly five iPad screen protectors and not once have I had a screen break... until one broke and I failed to replace it; my screen broke from an accidental fall on a wood floor. I will not have an iPad or iPhone without a hardened screen protector.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
This coating will not stop broken glass whereas a screen protector will. I had broken roughly five iPad screen protectors and not once have I had a screen break... until one broke and I failed to replace it; my screen broke from an accidental fall on a wood floor. I will not have an iPad or iPhone without a hardened screen protector.

iPad Falling Down and screen breaking is extreme Scenario and audience for that kind of situation is also very different and use their device in Harsh and Extreme Environment. So Yes, this is not for that kind of Target Audience. A little bit of care for a person who values his or her investment is a wisdom which does not appeal everyone. And there are always exceptions in Life and World. What can you do about it ?

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
The liquid screen protector is a scam and you most likely would've gotten the exact same results if you didn't apply anything at all. At most it's an oleophobic coating. And the downside is you never know whet it will wear off and start damaging your actual display.

But the Crystal Armor one I have and it's very good. It does indeed restore the oleophobic coating but I'm afraid it doesn't last that long. But I only apply it once, I read that it's best to have it applied day after day for up to a week to get best results.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Anybody wanting to read it further this is what the Liquid Screen Protector does.

8A37F898-BDCB-49EC-91C6-3E6785D2D089.png

PROFESS0R

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2017
What I do is always use a hardened glass screen protector. They preserve the original oleophobic coating and protect against drops; hardened screen protectors are also very inexpensive and preserve the “feel” of the original touchscreen.

iPad Falling Down and screen breaking is extreme Scenario and audience for that kind of situation is also very different and use their device in Harsh and Extreme Environment. So Yes, this is not for that kind of Target Audience. A little bit of care for a person who values his or her investment is a wisdom which does not appeal everyone. And there are always exceptions in Life and World. What can you do about it ?

Reactions: BigMcGuire

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
Hey Guys.

Just wanted to share an experience and also ask you guys for any feedback if available. So Like many here I am petrified, Paranoid about my iPad Pro getting any sort of Scratches be it even Hairline Scratch which is not visible in normal conditions only in certain lighting conditions it could be visible. But even that kind of wear and tear is not acceptable to me I am sure there are a lot of guys here like me. And at the same time I hate to the core of applying a Screen Protector they are IMO the filthiest thing Mankind has ever invented :p Yeah seriously they take away the true iPad Experience from you and also kind of take away the Screen Magic in terms of colour and brightness So then people like me ask what is the solution to this ? Leave in this constant fear of anything scratching the screen

Guess what guys ?

The world could not be a much better place than this I have found this magical product it is called the Nano Liquid Screen Protector.

It is also a Screen Protector but in Liquid Form. It creates a very very fine barrier (Impossible for human eye to detect) (Need a Microscope to see it) So it creates a Ultra Fine Layer of Silicon Dioxide on your screen which is impregnable which is kind of a wall of a fort which is impossible to penetrate. It is a new thing, so not many people know about it, and people are always averse to try new things. Newton Faced it, Galileo Faced it so who are we ?? lol !!

So you just apply this liquid as you clean your screen with any screen cleaning solution like whoosh or anything apply it leave it for 15 Minutes and then wipe it of. Viola ! You are done !!

I tested this on my old phone. I tried rubbing Keys, Coins almost anything that I could get hold of and it did not leave one bit of scratch on it. But yes, when I took a Razor Blade the kind of blade which old shaving razor would have and when I rubbed it several time then it left a Minor a very Minor Hairline Scratch. But frankly how much is this kind of thing going to happen in real life situation. What could be such a Razor Sharp thing with Extremely Sharped Edges that your iPad Screen is gonna get exposed to, Sound impossible right ? But in 98% to 99% scenarios it does the trick. I am so delighted to have come across this product. This is like almost a feeling that I have when Archimedes Jumped out of his Bath Tub shouting Eureka !!

Similarly for a lot of guys here more than the scratch the Finger Print Marks on the screen is a worry so there is this product this one.

Which is supposed to restore your Oleophobic coating back. You have to use 5-6 drops on the screen, leave it for a while and you are done. I have not tried this one, eventually I would even apply this one, IN the mean time I wanted to ask any of you guys here have by now used it at all ? How is the feedback ? Does it work ?

Just use the thing, and enjoy it.

Failing that, you’ll never get the maximum pleasure out of it and it will end up being sold (when you upgrade) to someone who will do just that (at your cost.)

Reactions: CalMin

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Just use the thing, and enjoy it.

Failing that, you’ll never get the maximum pleasure out of it and it will end up being sold (when you upgrade) to someone who will do just that (at your cost.)

Yes but till the time it is in my possession, till the time I have it. How about making it the most carefree and enjoyable it could ever be ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.