Are the 27" iMacs going for preorder sale on the 30th as well?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bobright, Nov 27, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I thought it was only the 21" but came across some users saying its for the 27" as well so what is it? Is it just speculation at this point?

2. GrooveOn macrumors newbie

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

4. APPLE-FANATIC macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

It says "The 21.5-inch iMac will be available through the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com), Apple’s retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers. The 27-inch iMac will be available for order through the Apple Online Store and will begin shipping in December. " So this translates to the 30th be the date of availability for the 21.5 on that day (have on in your hands). On the same day you can ORDER the 27" through the Apple Online Store but will not have it in your hands on the 30th, it wont ship until December.

5. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

It could also just be mentioning it as so people know that the 27" for sure is still coming as well.

6. hacke macrumors member

When do you expect the 27"-models in apple stores? I've no credit card and don't want to order online...

7. MeFromHere macrumors 6502

The press release says "December" so I expect December. Apple's stores should get them as soon as the pre-ordered ones start arriving at customers, maybe a day or so earlier.

I'll be surprised if any 27" iMacs ship in the first half of December, but that's just my guess.

8. hacke macrumors member

I hope you're wrong! Would like to have the 27" (with the Nvidia 680MX and 1TB FusionDrive) mid December.