Are the 4S's on backorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SamIchi, Dec 13, 2011.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It says 1-2 weeks on the website, can I walk into an Apple store and get a 4S that day? Or does places like Best Buy have them? I'm trying to check availability but every site has me enter all my information, and I'm not gettin availablity info.

I haven't been up on the news with the new iPhone, so are they currently sold out?

2. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

My friend who visited NY the other week had no problem ordering one the day before he walked into the apple store. He got 2 x 64GB.. I'm kinda surprised about this because i've read all over the forum that getting one is pretty hard?

But i've seen it in person, so i know it's true. So sure, you should be able to get one at least the day after.

3. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

The 16GB and 64GB seem to be pretty available overall.

The 32GB is on backorder at a lot of places, but it's hit/miss.

4. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

In my country, the 16GB and 32GB are on backorder, though the 64GB is available.

I've waited for the first ones to get bought by other people, since the 1st series have problems. Hope the 2nd ones that come have less problems.

5. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

In AZ I noticed that most Best buys have all the variants in stock, ATT stores near me seem to have them as well except for 64GB in all variants for that model (carrier and color)

Apple Stores though are a bit harder. They seem to sell out each day and continue to get a new shipment each day too. With Apple Stores in the Phoenix area, you have to reserve the night before after 9PM.

That's what I did last night I have to pick up my White iPhone 16GB today from the Apple store on the way home.

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Apple store does not have back order. You just have to be lucky to reserve one the night before you plan on picking up starting at 9:00 pm. Apple receives shipment everyday but they won't know how many they will get each day so it varies. Some place like where I live have plenty in stock right now as I see people walking in, buying iphone and walking out of the store with the brand new iphone in hand.

If you can reserve one, go reserve one. If you want to get one at the store, you may try but most likely you will have to wait till after 6 PM to get one. This is because those that are reserved will remain reserved till 6 PM and if they don't come pick it up after 6 PM then it will go to someone else (basically walk in's first come first serve).

7. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

It's hit or miss. When I went to a Verizon store to get mine, they only had 4's in stock. If you wanted a 4S you had to order it. The only one that was shipping right away was the white 16GB 4S. The others were on a 1-2 week delay. That was about 3 weeks ago.