Are the Apple stores restocking the Tmobile model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by strikerdark, Sep 24, 2013.

1. strikerdark macrumors newbie

I'm planning to go camp at my local apple store tomorrow morning so i can grab a 5s. However, I need a tmobile model. Does anyone know if they are restocking it regularly or are they concentrating on the ATT, Verizon and Sprint versions?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I'd say an Apple store manager is trying to restock whatever he can to increase sales, so yes, I would say they are restocking the T-mobile version.

No guarantee you get one though ;)

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Actually, since you are paying full cost upfront, you can purchase the Verizon or AT&T models "device only" and use them with your T-Mobile SIM. The phones are identical (except the Verizon adds CDMA support), and when purchased full price from Apple, the AT&T model is unlocked. All Verizon phones are unlocked, as well. In fact, that's why I did on Saturday because I wanted the 32GB and all the AT&T phones were 64GB. I can confirm that both my AT&T and T-Mobile SIM are capable of LTE on the Verizon iPhone.

Just say you are buying the phone "device only" and they won't try to sell you a contract.

4. strikerdark thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I do this even though I dont have an ATT or Verizon account?

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes. I don't have a Verizon account, and had no issues getting the Verizon iPhone "device only" from an Apple Store in Chicago. I also have bought the AT&T models device only in the past. They don't ask for any contract information.

6. strikerdark thread starter macrumors newbie

one last question. I know that the Tmobile, ATT and Verizon iphones 5s share the same LTE frequencies, but do they also share the same 3g ones. I ask because Tmobile's LTE network here in Miami is really crappy, but their HSPA+ (3g) network is awesome

7. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

from what i heard the managers have no say in what shipments they get, at least not within the first few weeks of a launch. The system automatically orders based on what is purchased, etc.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes, they all support the same 3G frequencies (850/900/1800/1900/AWS).

9. strikerdark thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I was able to get the phone yesterday. Got the Verizon version of the phone. Works perfectly on Tmobile. Thank you so much!!

10. jackagi macrumors newbie

So to sum that up, you are saying that the verizon phone is factory unlocked, which means I could theoretically put an UK SIM card in it and it would work?

11. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

doesnt the tmo have some extra special LTE freq the others do not?

12. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

that was the iPhone 5.

The Verizon/AT&T/Tmobile iPhone 5S & 5C are all the same models. This is clearly stated on the apple store website. Only difference Verizon will not activate any AT&T or Tmobile iPhones for their CDMA network.