Are the Prices of the First Gen Iphones going to drop when the 3g comes out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SMkdesigns, Jul 2, 2008.

1. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

Are the Prices of the First Gen Iphones going to drop when the 3g comes out?
    I mean i have the first gen iphone unlocked and on T mobile service. I was thinking of selling it for 300 plus a free phone. Waiting to the new iphone comes out, waiting to see if its able to be unlocked and used on tmobile and all. Or possibly purshase the first gen iphone of someone for a very low cost due to the new 3g iphone and there cheap price point.

What do you guys think? Is the 3g iphone going to make the prices of the first gen iphone drop on ebay and craigslist?

Will the iphone eg be able to be hacked? Do i have to wait for someone to buy it activate it and deactivate it and sell it. Because i have been reading as has everyone that you can not purchase the iphone 3g unless you activate when you buy it, and must stay activated for a months time..

2. coolb0yalex macrumors member

I highly doubt the iPhone (1st Gen) would be discounted because the original didn't require a contract for people to jailbreak and unlock their phones (like you and me). I believe that the prices of the original might stay steady and some places may be high in demand. This is all thanks to Apple and their "sh*tty" way of handling business. If Apple and AT&T decides to allow unlocked phones after 3 months, then i believe that the prices of the original will come down eventually, but as for now, the unlock for the 3G iPhone doesn't seem hopeful.