Are the speakers on the 15' MBP better than the 13'?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kauai, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Kauai macrumors 6502a

I won't be getting my first Macbook Pro for a few months. One, because I'm waiting for the update. And two, because I'm still saving up. But I'd still like to get all my information straight before then so I can decide what I'm officially looking forward to.

Any way. Back to the point of this thread, are the speakers on the 15 MBP a lot better than those on the 13 MBP? I ask because the 15 seems to have dual speakers next to the keyboard while the 13 MBP doesn't. I'm going to go ahead and assume yes, and if so, how much better exactly?

And while I've mostly accepted that I only considered the MBA once because I was entranced by it's size (the MBP is more bang for the buck and I can add a SSD later when they're cheaper) I might as well ask how the speakers are on that as well. It's a long shot but I am mildly considering getting a MBA + iMac setup, though not likely.

Thanks.

2. ender land macrumors 6502a

Speakers on the 13" are not spectacular but I have also not been too upset.

Laptop speakers traditionally are not the best. I do think they 13" are fairly good considering where they are located.

I would definitely go to a Best Buy/local apple retailer and testing out speakers that way. Hearing for yourself is the best bet by far to get a good comparison ;)

3. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

If you care that much about speakers i would suggest just pick up a nice pair of external speakers, no laptop speaker is that spectacular...

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Neither speaker is fantastic, but the 15" are louder and sharper than the 13"