Are there any direct comparisions yet between the max BTO late 2015 imac and the max bto 2017 one?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iemcj, Jun 18, 2017.

1. iemcj macrumors 6502

iemcj

I've been browsing through but I don't see anyone posting any direct comparisions. Do people not have units in their hand yet? I'm on the late 2015 maxed out imac and am thinking about an upgrade but want to know some real world differences. Example, an export test in final cut pro on both machines, a cinebench test in bootcamp, that sorta thing.

If I missed any breakdowns then I apologize, I tried searching but it was all speculative and theory without anyone who actually owned both computers posting results. Thanks!

2. mpe macrumors regular

This is just a synthetic benchmark, but at least something:
    https://browser.geekbench.com/mac-benchmarks

Expect only a modest improvement (20% or so). My experience is that differences like this don't translate to increase of productivity in real world apps. It will be slightly, but I would want to see a significant difference to justify the upgrade.

I don't think it is worth the hassle upgrading from high-end 2015 to 2017 unless you desperately needs TB3 ports or stuff like that.