Are there any extremely thin 0.3mm tpu cases for the iPhone 5 that you recommend?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by waa1futs, Jul 7, 2013.

1. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I hate having my iPhone in a case, but I'd like to protect it from scratches at least so I want the thinnest case possible.

Is there any extremely thin 0.3mm tpu cases you could recommend for the iPhone 5 that you would recommend? :confused:

Thanks for your input :)

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

3. waa1futs thread starter macrumors 6502

Too thick. :(

I'm looking for EXTREMELY THIN.

Incipio feather is 1.23mm thick. More than 4 times as thick as I am looking for at 0.3mm.

Thank you though for your input :)

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

0.3 mm = 3 pieces of printer paper.

You might as well cover it with wrapping paper.

5. hunter2k9 macrumors newbie

I think I can help in this department, I too feel the same way about cases, one of the main reasons I own an iPhone and not a Samsung Galaxy is the look which to my personal preference is very high-end and premium. With that being said I personally dislike cases. I researched many thin cases and if you want the thinnest then the Pinlo Slice case and Desmay Slight are the thinnest of the bunch, there is one last brand I'm forgetting but they are all essentially the same. I purchased the Pinlo and as soon as I put it on I fell in love and thought I would never use another case again, it fit snug and was extremely thin people had a hard time noticing it had a case. The honeymoon in this case didnt last long, the case lost its consistency and shape (because it certainly is too thin) and it started cracking on one of the corners. I still have my Pinlo and I'm gonna try and send you some pics. Hope this helped and one last thing there are a bunch of clones on eBay which are exactly the same in quality except they have no branding (this turned out to be inconsequential since the Pinlo branding wears of with time) it may be a good alternative to start off, it's super cheap and it almost disposable in a way, you can just buy another one after the first one breaks or looses its shape.

6. phillyi macrumors member

im not a very big fan of cases either but ended up buying a tpu case for some added protection. i went with the Amazonbasics tpu case in smoke. for $5 you cant really go wrong...its pretty thin overall though the bezel seems a little thicker i think due to the lay on the table design. definitely worth a look and theres a few different colorways.

7. matneh macrumors regular

Get a bumper instead. My recommendation is the Caze Thinedge.

8. andrewrey macrumors newbie

O!coat jelly case by Ozaki

Really nice jelly/ sillicone case with many different colors 0.3mm thick

9. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502a

TPU? Are you sure you have the terminology correct? TPU cases are generally soft cases.

If you're really looking for an ultra thin case, try the Caudabe Veil. Reasonably priced and an excellent fit. Feels like nothing's on your phone at all.

10. darster Suspended

Although the Veil is nice, don't pay $15 for that case. You can find that thin of case on ebay for $4 or less. Just search for "Ultra-thin 0.35mm Transparent Matte Shell Cover CASE FOR Apple iPhone 5" on ebay.

11. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502a

Actually, I'd be careful about going the knockoff route on eBay. It's cheaper, but you never know what you'll get. I tried one of those really cheap ones as well. Shipping took 3 weeks from China and the case I received was really thin, but didn't fit nearly as well as the Veil. it's hard to describe, but the texture of the case was not as nice and it just didn't fit my phone as well.