Are there any problems to using the same apple account for 2 seperate iphone 6's (my wife's & mine)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kazino21, Nov 12, 2015.

1. kazino21 macrumors newbie

kazino21

Hello everyone, I hope I have posted in the correct forum.

I have upgraded to iphone 6s plus and gave my wife my iphone 6. I wiped my old phone and did a fresh install and am using the same apple icloud account for both phones.

She will be using google to synchronise her contacts (I use icloud) so our contacts will be seperate.

Would there be any potential problems to using this system please?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some unintended issues can come up. Like some things you don't necessary want to share or intended on sharing--like call logs and/or perhaps some other things being shared--in addition to things you want to be shared

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

4. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

If you want to share anything, share your Apple ID (used with iTunes), but not your iCloud ID. I've done this for years with my whole family. With family sharing, this really isn't necessary anymore, but I've not had the time to get everyone together and make the switch. Sharing your iCloud ID is going to cause you some negative consequences I suspect.

5. kazino21 thread starter macrumors newbie

kazino21

With family sharing, does it allow you to share purchases aswell or would I have to buy some of the apps again

6. melman101 macrumors 68030

Family sharing, yes you can share all purchases. Apps , music, tv, etc. you can also get a family plan for Apple Music for $15 if you so desire.

7. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

You can share an account to use for iTunes and have your own iCloud account.
    This is what I've been doing for years. Not sure if I want to switch to family sharing yet.

8. melman101 macrumors 68030

If your starting fresh, use family sharing. Trust me. Will make life much easier.