Are there any quality animation art apps with support for the Apple Pencil?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sunshoopa, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Sunshoopa macrumors 6502

Sunshoopa

While I don’t own a Apple Pencil currently, it’d be nice if I knew there were some good apps for animation for the iPad Pro.
    I searched a few, but they never seem to support the Apple Pencil fully, aren’t really featured enough, or aren’t reviewed well.

I’ve gotten Pro Create for still art for when I get it, but is there anything like it for animation?

2. Sunshoopa thread starter macrumors 6502

Sunshoopa

Well, this is hugely disappointing :/. Thought this would be a pretty big thing all considering. Guess I’ll just have to stick with the basic apps if I want anything at all.

3. subjonas macrumors 68000

Animation is pretty niche. And good animation software is very involved. So the lack of robust options is to be expected.

A really good animation app would probably have to come from one of the developers that make professional animation software for desktops. But if they ever make it, it will probably be a much slimmer, companion app version, intended for preliminary work.

4. Sunshoopa thread starter macrumors 6502

Sunshoopa

Yeah, that’s true. I wonder if any of the companies will ever make something for it, even if a lot smaller... maybe sometime. I don’t do any professional work with animation, I just wanted something robust for animation like how Pro Create is, just for personal stuff. Thanks for the reply!

5. GerritV macrumors 65816

6. Sunshoopa thread starter macrumors 6502

Sunshoopa

How did I miss this? Thanks! Seems like it’s what I was looking for, and it’s even free for the most part.