Are there any Trump supporters who are just a little bit concerned?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hieveryone, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

I like Trump, but some of his comments bother me. A lot of it is common sense. But some raise my eyebrows.

Are there any Trump supporters who know what I mean?

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

'Some'?

TBH I do not support Trump, but I think it is tragic that his point about people being left behind in the economy has been masked by his bluster and divisive statements. I just can't see Trump working with Congress (at least Hillary is a pragmatist) and I certainly can't see Trump working well with our allies. Finally, I don't like how his 'hard line' comments tend to suggest courses of action incompatible with the Constitution. There's a difference between telling it like it is and just mouthing off.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought you were against Trump now. Now you like him again. Get your computer program straight.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Orange Hilter and Grandma Nixon both bother me quite a bit.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

neither deserve to even be in the running.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I won't say they don't deserve to be there, they deserve it. We deserve it for putting them there. It's on us, the voters.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Hold on. Why offend Nixon?

8. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

That's fair.
    You keep Donald, I take Melania.

10. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I do but am not concerned. I think most of it is blather and meant to get a reaction, both good and bad. Look, he can't make the business deals he has made if he acted like he campaigns. So it is for effect.

I am more concerned about what Hillary would sell out of the WH if she were elected.

BTW, last week 538 had Trump at 29%, today he is at 41%. Can't be happy in the Hillary camp.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Hillary has made a huge mess of her campaign by thinking that Trump is just going to implode, which hasn't happened. She is the retail politician and I don't think I've heard her talk about the issues once. Not taxes, not the middle class, not security, nada. Her campaign has been about waiting and reacting to what Trump does and IMHO that has been a failure. She's got less than 60 days and she better make a course correction or she'll be spending time at Shady Acres with Ray Finkle when this is all said and done.

12. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

she has at some places, but a lot is drowned out about by trump insulting a D-list celebrity at 3 am on Twitter. Although i totally agree, she needs to be out there everyday hammering her policies way more, and have way less of denigrating trump than shes doing now.

I'd say hillary supporters are more worried than trumps

13. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

^ Liked times a thousand. During most of this election all we hear is how much people hate each candidate, their disapprovals are the highest we've ever seen, "how could they even be electable?", etc. It's because WE ELECTED THEM. no matter where you stand on the issues, it was our choice. We could've had Jeb, Rubio or Bush and Bernie or anyone else "we" wanted. No man, it's our bed, we made it and now we need to lie in it, it's as simple as that.

14. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i didn't make it so i won't lie in it

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

That's how I felt in 2004 when they re-elected Bush. While not me personally, this country voted him back in after bombing a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, needlessly sending thousands of soldiers to their deaths and displacing millions in the middle east. After that nothing will surprise me, not even a Trump presidency.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

He's in property. Everyone is an arsehole.

Trump also started rich.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No. He has been bombastic and inappropriate his entire adult life while running his businesses. You are expecting (hoping?) to get something different after the election. You won't. What you see is what you get. He'll be having wars with congress, Twitter wars with foreign heads of state, wars with reporters, wars with random citizens he doesn't like or feel have crossed him in some way. In other words....anything but presidential. And that doesn't even take into account his shifty financial record. A portrait of himself with charity money? Trump University? Using charity money to settle legal matters? Quid pro quo with Pam Bondi and maybe Greg Abbott too? Hiding his tax returns? He is shady.

Then you haven't been listening. She not only has talked about the issues, she has given policy speeches and put policy after policy on her website as they were rolled out.

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Can I have Ivana :) ?

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

He was a Republican, guilt by association.

20. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

It doesn't matter who is elected. In a couple years, nobody will admit to voting for them.

21. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Ivana? Ok.
    I also take Ivanka. lol

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Depends if Hilary wins and does the international deals we need.

23. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Trump is not a bankster puppet.

Good enough for me!

24. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

It's an Apple conspiracy. The spell checker was programmed not to work whenever the statement includes the word Trump.

In any case, we are both out of luck since I doubt the secret service would let us get close enough to talk to her (she now has her own secret service detail).

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462