Are there any women who aren't religious?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by WiiDSmoker, Jan 21, 2011.

1. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

I swear it's very hard to find a woman these days who aren't religious? Are you in a relationship/marriage with a wo(man) who is religious but you aren't? How do you/they handle this? Where should I look for non-religious women?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i know more that aren't than those that are...

they be everywhere lol

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

In the congregation of an atheist church.

4. WiiDSmoker thread starter macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Hook a fellow up lol

5. blinkie macrumors regular

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

All nonbelieving Jezebels have been stoned to death.

Really, OP?

7. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I've seen women who make me wish I was religious... For only one selfish reason...

You've illuminated a conundrum I've never thought through, where DO non-religious congregate?

Have you tried med school? Or MIT?

8. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Outside Tennessee might be a good start. ;) Seriously, go to whatever online dating site you prefer, filter on religious preference.

Depending on your stomach for wishy-washiness, check the "spiritual but not religious" box too. Lots of people aren't religious, but don't want to be seen as a hard-edged person or something, so they check that box as a meaningless "not religious but don't hate me please" sort of thing. You'll also get some believers in goofy supernatural things, but it's worth gambling on an IM, maybe coffee.

I know a few, but I'm hoarding. :p

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Too salty for me.

11. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Get the special eyeglasses that reveal a 666 on the foreheads of heathen women.

12. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

We live beside a church, neither one of us have been to church since we were kids. You just learn to choose.

So no she is not religious. Lol

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

While I don't date religious women, I'm OK with the whole, "Oh god" thing. :D

14. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

IIRC Memphis has a very, very high Protestant population, which probably makes meeting someone who is not religious more difficult. Mix up your methods of networking and pray for some women that aren't religious...:p sorry, I couldn't help it

15. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

A true atheist woman, being an empiricist, will loudly, succinctly and repeatedly describe the observed cause of her reaction.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Or not.

17. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Sure, I suppose there are other secular options. Possibly even some that draw fewer complaints from the neighbors, who are clearly expressing deep-seated anti-atheist bigotry.

18. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

[​IMG]

http://www.livescience.com/culture/090227-religion-men-women.html

I've definitely noticed this before I actually read that it was an observed phenomenon. I was pretty successful at finding non religious women at my New England liberal arts college. ;)

My girlfriend now is agnostic/indifferent/apathetic about religion...I don't think I'd have it any other way.

19. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

The ideal is to get her to a state in which coherent, intelligible expression is beyond her ability at the moment.

20. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

No, the OP didn't indicate that he wanted to date Sarah Palin...

21. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Yeah, you need to get out of Tennessee--or at least to Knoxville perhaps. In my area its actually unusual to be religious.

When I lived in rural Michigan, it was always the most religious women/girls who got pregnant in high school or shortly after it seemed. The church teaches them that children and family are the only things to live for. You have no value to society if you don't.

22. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Yikes, what a vile thought.

23. geekgirl macrumors regular

I'm agnostic. Actually, borderline Atheist. Not all women are religious.

I'm actually uncomfortable dating guys who are religious. My last relationship imploded because I felt really judged by the guy for the choices I've made in life. Still stings (less than 3 weeks since the break-up), but I felt I couldn't be myself around him. It was better to break-up than to live a lie, as far as I was concerned. He'll be better off with someone who has the same beliefs.

So yeah, if you aren't religious, and don't want a religious girlfriend, be up-front about it, or things will get awkward.

24. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Latinas yell out "oi! oi! oi!". I think the "Oh god" is just an English thing...