Are there still shortages of iPad in the app store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRekz, May 29, 2011.

1. TheRekz macrumors regular

If I go to any Apple store right now, would I be able to get any type of iPad? No more shortages? I am talking about stores in the US

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Why don't you get it from online store? I believe the US online store is 1-2 week shipping time. I am trying to get it in HK online store but it's not available.

3. TheRekz thread starter macrumors regular

Because I need it fast for a gift

4. Built macrumors 68020

It varies from store to store, and day to day.

Some stores get tons of inventory...of ALL types of iPad 2s...and some stores don't get as much....or only specific versions (i.e. Verizon models always seem to be the last to go).

It just all depends on how much effort you want to put into it and if you are flexible.

I only wanted ONE type of iPad 2...ATT 64GB Black...and I lucked out very quickly (5/13 purchase). I went to the Apple Store in Manhattan Village on that Wednesday and Thursday morning...first in line at 0800...and immediately found out that they did not have what I wanted in stock.

I went the following day, Friday, to the store in Santa Monica...first in line again...and got what I wanted. The Santa Monica store had far more stock than the Manhattan Village store.

The effort was worth it, and all told, between the 3 days, only took about 3 hours of my time (with travelling to/from home). Great experience. Plus I had never before experienced the social aspects of waiting in an Apple Store line...thought I normally HATE standing in line, and it sure helped that I was first on each of the days.

At the Manhattan Village store, I found out almost right away when I arrived. I was at the Santa Monica store extra early, but the employees saw me and quickly assured me they had virtually everything in stock and would be handing out tickets at 0800, which they did promptly and cheerfully.

5. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

Not sure where your at but here in Portland, all 3 stores (Pioneer, Bridgeport, and eh, the other one. Lol), only have the 64 Verizon. They are still getting in small batches here and there.

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I was in 2 Apple stores Saturday and both had some.

7. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

All models here in San Francisco had been sold out. It is best to camp out early in the morning if you want to snag one. It is very popular here. It is best for you to try eBay even if it costs you a few more dollars.

8. Phil-82 macrumors member

Apple store not app store ;) but they told me they get stock everyday they just don't know how many/ what kinds iPads they are getting