Are they not building BTO Macs' like they used to or what?? 2nd flawed BTO MBP i got!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobby Corwen, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Ok so before I had a super warped BTO shipped to me. The screen didnt even close properly, it was tighter on the left than the right and the right had a gap, the screen super smudged, and the bottom lid clicked and clicked and clicked from the brackets.

Ok I thought, I had opened the lid to replace the HD and maybe I did something.

I got a new one.

This one also clicks underneath. And I still somehow got smudges (after carrying it on a road trip) I thought I put in the screen protector too so I dont know when the smudges came. You cant lift it or move it without a protector or it will smudge. (old complaint)

SO NOW THE CLICKING IS STILL THERE!!!

STRAIGHT FROM THE FACTORY!!! THE LID CLICKS. JUST LIKE LAST TIME.

ARE THEY TIGHTENING THE SCREWS TOO MUCH??? TOO LITTLE!!!!???

They are stupid.

Cant even get me a flawless laptop once.

So steve jobs cant find a way to deliver a shell that doesn't makes audiable clicks if you choose a custom build? What kind of horrible quality control do these builders have? They are directly responsible for customer satisfaction.

Ugh, I could punch one of you guys right now I'm so angry....

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I'm assuming this is pretty recent since you mentioned BTO ... since this is a flawed replacement from your POV, I'm sure you could ask and get Apple to refund your money. Problem solved.

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Third time's the charm right?

Stop putting your dirty fingers on the screen and you'll stop getting smudges.

4. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

5. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

The lid clicking is worse now to me. I read there is some tape I can put on it or something...

Its actually pretty common judging from online posts...

6. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

U mad bro? :p

Keep trying. It's not like all 2011 MBP have this issue. Mine was flawless from day one.