iPad Are those of you with 3's upgrading to the Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tranceFusion, Oct 23, 2013.

1. tranceFusion macrumors member

2. Kendo macrumors 68000

Same. I am debating. I'm thinking hold onto it for one more year and get the Air next year with Touch ID. But on the downside, the money we get back from selling it will go down even more drastically.

3. Spudhead macrumors member

No, my 3 still copes perfectly fine. Will be hanging onto it for at least another year. :D

4. Tony78228 macrumors regular

Tony78228

yes. sold mine on ebay for the air

5. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

No... I see nothing innovation come from this iPad Air beside regular spec. bump. Only thing it can attempting me is the weight.

I won't upgrade until iPad 3 really cannot handle anything and Apple comes up some innovative idea with iPad. Otherwise, it just an iPad...

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

iPad 3 is fine for me. I don't need more power or space.

7. RevTEG macrumors regular

RevTEG

My wife and I have always been early adapters for new iPad models since week 1 iPad 1. Same with the 2 and the 3. But neither of us got the 4 and my wife doesn't see the need to upgrade her 3 to the 5. I might do it just because I like the smaller size of the Air. But honestly it's just not that big of an upgrade. Spec bumps are good but I've never noticed any of my apps lagging on the 3. I've never even noticed speed difference as we moved up iPads models. Going back I'm sure I would notice tho.

My iPad travels with me daily/Globally. It's size has never been an issue to carry. So do I spend money just for a 4 ounce size change?? Not sure yet. Maybe after I see it in person.

8. blco02 macrumors member

Yes, I already traded my Ipad 3 in to Nextworth.com for cash. Can't wait to (hopefully) walk in to a store next Friday and walk out with an Air.

9. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Yes, or the Mini Retina - can't decide yet. I find the iPad 3 to be too heavy for the things I want to use it for. It's only comfortable for reading when it's on a deal/table.

10. MasterDebator82 macrumors newbie

Yup. I'm upgrading my mini to a retina 128GB, and my iPad 3 to a 128GB iPad Air

11. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

already sold my 3. didnt feel slow until i pick up my nexus 7

12. Vcolassi macrumors newbie

Not sure yet. I picked up a like new ipad 3 wifi/4G on Craig's list for $300 2 months ago killer deal. Figuring I could sell it for a profit or at the least get my money back when the new one drops. But is the Air really worth me selling & potentially coming out of pocket another $250 with tax. I use my ipad 3 to browse the web and play casual games with my 10 year old to compete in high score vs his ipad mini :D the lighter weight would be nice and the speed bump. But since iOS 7.0.3 it's running pretty damn good.

13. balzmcfearson macrumors regular

balzmcfearson

14. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

Unsure. Frankly, the 3 meets my needs- heck, my 2 does as well. I use the 2 for work, the 3 at home. But I may pass the 2 off to family, make the 3 my "take to work" iPad, and get a new Air. But not right now...

15. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Until my iPad 3 can't support new iOS and apps I'm keeping it and not upgrading.

16. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

Still on the fence. I'll have to test drive it when it is in stock somewhere.

17. deeddawg macrumors 604

Nothing about the ipad Air is really calling to me. I have a 32GB LTE ipad3.

Lighter & thinner would sure be nice to have, but (to me) not worth the nearly $500 out of pocket to upgrade.

18. photosmike macrumors member

Yes, But

I agreed to sell mine weeks ago to a relative and I can't back out ( I have the money). I was expecting/hoping for a better camera. The reduced weight may turn out to be important to me.

19. Teste macrumors 6502

Nope.

Being sligthly faster (if you avoid updating to newer iOSs), sligthly thinner and having a sligthly better camera is not enough. Granted, I would rather have that than some pointless gimmicks like TouchID, but there isn't any real reason for me to update yet - the iPad Air won't do anything beyond what my iPad 3 does, as far as my needs go. If it were actually a better tool (sligthly bigger screen, flash) I would consider it.

20. Akack macrumors 6502a

Yes. With iOS7 the iPad 3 is somewhat laggy. Now need to decide between the Air or retina mini.....

21. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

Same here. Since my iPad 3 still looks like new I should get a decent trade-in.

22. KellyC macrumors member

Yep I'm planning on selling my 32 gig Verizon iPad 3 and will get a 128 gig iPad Air. This time around, Wifi only.

23. HM Apple macrumors member

Yes assuming I can get a IPad Air from 11/1 to 11/8.

24. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I'm considering it, always thought the iPad was a bit big/heavy, was gonna jump to a Retina Mini but I may stick full size now, if I do upgrade.