Are we going to have to call AT%T to revert back to unlimited after pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Will the process include being forced to switch to a new plan when upgrading (to limited data) and then calling customer service to actually go back to grandfather unlimited?

Or will it probably be highlighted in grey or something and keep you on unlimited data automatically?

Ive had no other choice but to do that at Apple stores in past years. Their little systems wouldn't allow keeping it and I had to call in after.

2. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I didn't have to call AT&T when I migrated to my pre-ordered iPhone 5 myself at home couple of years ago.

More recently, family members migrated to the iphone 5s at the Apple store a couple of months ago; and they were able to keep their Unlimited plans intact during the process - it showed them the plan they were on and they just had to click through to keep it.

3. cnotes2019 Suspended

Are we going to have to call AT%T to revert back to unlimited after pre-order...

AT&T has always allowed unlimited to be retained in the past but things could change once new phones going forward launch. But if you lose your UDP and want to get it back after upgrade I would think they would require you to return the device. I'm just hoping they will still allow UDP to be retained

Edit: I changed my mind. You can call and get it back without returning the device if they stay true to their current policy