Are white phones feminine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitarists

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 24, 2017
I really want a Rose Gold phone (or any with a white front for that matter) but I'm afraid I'll be judged on my sexuality if I was to get one as a male.

Is it true that any real man must own a phone with a black front?

Ghost31

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2015
Sometimes I wonder if these questions are a total joke

We had these conversations all the way back in the white iPhone 3GS days. No. Your penis won't just magically fall off and Katy perry songs start playing in the background just because you got a non black iPhone. And really, one of the least manly things to do is to care what other people think of them to the point they start letting society control them. I'm a grown man. I do what I want. That's just how it is

A little light reading
https://www.wsj.com/articles/men-dont-fear-the-rose-gold-iphone-1444922471

kdarling

macrumors P6
A real man uses a flip phone. In a titanium color. *grunt*

Seriously, get what you want.

Although I have to say, when I once had a white phone with red trimmed case (it reminded me of a white with red stripes 1966 Mustang GT that I rebuilt and painted myself decades ago), it was my women friends who often commented that they saw white phones as more effeminate / less masculine. Go figure.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I really want a Rose Gold phone (or any with a white front for that matter) but I'm afraid I'll be judged on my sexuality if I was to get one as a male.

Not sure how old you are but if a phone's color makes a difference to your friends, you need new friends.

madgibbon

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2013

A "real man" uses what ever color he likes.

I've owned lots a white phones, both my current iPhone 7 and iPad Pro are white, in fact so is my car. I prefer white as they don't show finger prints and dust as much. No one has ever called me a girl for owning white products.

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
I remember my coworkers bagging on me when I got my first white iPhone - laughing about how feminine it was. It bothered me a little to be honest, but I liked the white iphone. Most people I knew had a black phone so I thought it was pretty cool to have something different. And yeah you may get called out on it, but in no way does it define your s*xuality.

Many years later, I have a white iPhone again. I find reading text on it to be easier, it shows less scratches, works with the current iOS that seems to glorify bright themes... Tho, I use a black case.... so... :p

Black is my favorite color. I like my cars black, my watches black, shoes black, shirts black, and my bibles black. :p But a white iPhone just seems to work better for me. Most of my apps I have in dark theme / mode if available.

I knew a guy in my college class last semester who got a rose gold iPhone. Thought it looked ok, didn't make me question anything or think it was weird. Color is a spice of life. If everyone had a black phone...

Reactions: Newtons Apple

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
Sometimes I wonder if these questions are a total joke

We had these conversations all the way back in the white iPhone 3GS days. No. Your penis won't just magically fall off and Katy perry songs start playing in the background just because you got a non black iPhone. And really, one of the least manly things to do is to care what other people think of them to the point they start letting society control them. I'm a grown man. I do what I want. That's just how it is

A little light reading
https://www.wsj.com/articles/men-dont-fear-the-rose-gold-iphone-1444922471
:D:D:D love it.

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH

This same thread gets created about once a year. Get the phone that you want. You shouldn't give a flying **** what other people think. Just get the phone you want.

End Statement.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

chevelleguy3

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2013
Mckinney, TX
I agree with everyone else saying it doesn't matter what color it is. Now if you are going to put it in a hot pink glitter case and take Instagram selfies with flowers on your nose and cat ears on your head, then we may start to question you. That being said I've owned Gold/White, Silver/White and Space Gray/Black iPhones and iPads and never thought twice about my sexuality. Heck, I even drive my girlfriends car with pink stickers on the back window and a pink steering wheel cover and that doesn't bother me either.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Actually I don't really like black phones. Harder to find when I set them down as they blend in with dark things too easily. I usually get white ,but since white wasn't available when I got my Galaxy S7 , I got a gold one which I don't really like either. But better than black for me.

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
If the product red phone had come out from the beginning I would have been all over it, thats a sexy little mofo. But to answer your question no that's silly and ridiculous... my buddy is a 6'6 270lbs rugby player and has a white iPhone... try telling him he's not manly lol.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
It's just a color at the end of the day. I would think no different of anyone for any color they chose for an iPhone. Everyone has a different preference for what they like. There is nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.