Are you an inconvenience to the rest of the world?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MACDRIVE, May 7, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I swear, whenever I'm at the grocery store, I'm always in the way of someone. If I'm sorting through cucumbers trying to find the firmest one, I'm either blocking the isle with my cart or there's someone else there waiting to pick out theirs.

Just today for instance, I was turning off of my neighbourhood side street onto a busier street making my way back to the grocery store again, when I looked in my rear-view mirror to see what looked like a black pickup truck coming at me at a 100 MPH. My psychic abilities told me that if I didn't get out of the way quick, that truck was going to plow right through me; so I quickly swerved into the double turn lane and let the truck go by. I didn't want to inconvenience them with my measly 40 MPH forward speed. :cool:

I think there'e a lot of people that would just rather have their own street to travel on and their own grocery store to shop in. :rolleyes:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

For some reason, this phrase amused me. Perhaps because it is nearly 4am and I'm still awake.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Nah, it's just you. Get out of my way, dammit!

4. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I suppose I should have used tomatoes as an example instead.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

people like you drive me nuts! i help make the world go round. if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. so get/stay out of my way!

totally kidding!

or cantaloupe. mmm, melons....

6. Queso macrumors G4

All just about confidence. They're the ones in your way. Make the stupid losers wait.

7. dopey220 macrumors 6502

dopey220

Yes, I am. In pretty much every way possible. By the way, sorry for wasting your air, guys.

8. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Oh. My. God.

Look. It's simple. If you have a cart, you don't leave it in the aisle. You place the cart somewhere somewhat nearby where it's likely to be out of the way and then you make the short walk back to the cucumbers. Then you pick out the cucumber and walk it back to the cart. This is simple.

As for the truck story -- if they come up rolling up behind you, that's their problem, not yours. Difference is in the grocery store you're actively mucking up the civic waters by being in the way when you don't need to be. On the roads, the other driver is mucking up the waters by driving above and beyond the speed limit.

9. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Why does this thread have to be about me? I'm asking the rest of you if you've ever been an inconvenience to anyone else? Anyone that is.

10. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Yes, yes I am. Constantly. But that's just because everything I do is good and right, and everyone else should adjust to me.

11. MACDRIVE thread starter macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

My guess is that if any of us are living in a somewhat populated area, we can't help but to be an inconvenience to someone; however slight that may be. The only way to avoid it is to stay home and not go outside your property line.

12. bartelby macrumors Core

I figure everyone is out to inconvenience me in some way. That way when they do I was expecting it and if they don't it's a nice surprise.

A win win out look on life!:)

13. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

one can always be an inconvenience/annoyance online. i have to say, though, that i was the biggest brat to my sister when i was growing up. but what little brother isn't?

14. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's all about the karma, baby, and the yin yang. Be a convenience for someone and it'll cancel out the inconvenience for someone else. Well, maybe not, but it's worth a shot. :)

15. mpw Guest

Every time I walk into a singles bar I seem to inconvenience all the guys in there, I mean how are they supposed to pull when I'm about?

As for shopping, I always use the inconvenience store so we're all in the same boat and I can't get all the blame.

16. barrysfarm macrumors regular

I feel like this every time i'm at the grocery store. I'm usually not in a big hurry but it seems everybody else is. It's probably the #1 reason I rarely go grocery shopping anymore.

It's the same feeling in traffic, in elevators, walking through doors, tipping people.

17. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

THANK YOU!!

I think people with poor shopping cart etiquette should be forced to go to shopping cart etiquette school. This s*** drives me crazy!

18. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

you know, i am so happy that my grocery store got these cool little double-decker carts that are about a third of the length of a normal cart. now i can just swerve around these people that insist on parking square in the center of the aisle to decide exactly which type of hamburger helper they'd like to purchase. :eek: just.....pull......over.......

sorry, but people who can't share the aisle annoy me as well. ;)

back on topic, however...i feel like i am an inconvenience when i'm turning into my driveway. i live on a corner, and when i put my blinker on, people assume i'm turning left at the intersection rather than proceeding forward to turn left into my driveway. i signal as i'm approaching the corner, and i slow down, and i make it as obvious as i can that i am turning somewhere, so maybe the guy behind me should slow down. i swear i get honked at and gestured at and nearly rear-ended every time i try to go home. it kinda sucks. :rolleyes:

19. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Isnt that illegal in a convenience store?

20. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

What about the people that unload their cart at their car and then just leave the cart there blocking a parking spot or two? Or worse, the ones that give it a shove without any regards to what it's going to collide with? :mad:

21. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

yeah, that's on my list as well. it doen't bother me that i can't get in the spot because there's a cart in it...it bothers me that people are too lazy to walk the cart to the cart thing. if i'm walking past a stray on the way in, i take it into the store with me so i can put it back. if i see a cart or two nearby when i'm done unloading my groceries in the car, i'll walk over and get those carts and put them in the cart thing. i believe in karma. :)

or maybe i just hate lazy people... :rolleyes:

22. aquajet macrumors 68020

I prefer not to use shopping carts for good reason -- they're big and take up lots of room. I'd hate to inconvenience anybody by getting in their personal space.

Instead, I take a handful of things up to the register, one handful at a time. The trick is to do it quickly enough before the cashier empties the conveyor.

23. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I hope I can be an inconvenience because it is too convenient not to be...:p

24. Queso macrumors G4

I hope that's not because you make all the women physically sick just by being there :p